What's new

Game Thread Jan 08, 2024 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Bucks

Added to Calendar: 01-08-24

Build around KO now!
Hey don’t laugh, he’s like the darling of the trade market right now apparently. My Sixer buddy was telling me how ESPN ran a story about the big payday that awaits him but couldn’t remember the team. So then watching the game (Boston feed on LP) and Brian Scalabrine drops this little nugget: one of five NBA players (Jokic, Lebron, Doncic, Sabonis, Olynyk) that are averaging a triple double per 100 possessions.

Hey don’t laugh, he’s like the darling of the trade market right now apparently. My Sixer buddy was telling me how ESPN ran a story about the big payday that awaits him but couldn’t remember the team. So then watching the game (Boston feed on LP) and Brian Scalabrine drops this little nugget: one of five NBA players (Jokic, Lebron, Doncic, Sabonis, Olynyk) that are averaging a triple double per 100 possessions.

That’s actually true believe it or not lol.

This might actually HELP the Bucks the way Dame is playing lately.
Ya I just checked his numbers. They are all pretty much down in every category this season. Still decent numbers but worse than usual.

In his last 5 games he has shot 31%, 52%, 33%, 18%, and 56%

From three he has shot 12%, 16%, 25%, 11%, and 33%. Pretty rough from 3

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Ya I just checked his numbers. They are all pretty much down in every category this season. Still decent numbers but worse than usual.

In his last 5 games he has shot 31%, 52%, 33%, 18%, and 56%

From three he has shot 12%, 16%, 25%, 11%, and 33%. Pretty rough from 3

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Meanwhile Jrue Holliday is killing it in Boston. Dumb move letting your superstar have a voice in trade decisions.

Bucks were a really bad matchup to us last season, but this season it feels like the exact opposite.

Their dribble penetration and PoA defense has been really bad without Jrue (and with Dame and Beasley), so our guards should not face a lot of defensive pressure. They force the 2nd fewest turnovers and allow league highest FG% in the floater range (10-14ft) and 4th highest in the midrange (15-19 ft), while being much more stingy on 25ft+ (league lowest 3P% against at 32.8%). It looks like they either play tighter on the perimeter or dont collapse and help in the midrange as much as most teams. They probably dont want to give easy 3P looks while trusting that their bigs can defend the restriced area to limit easiest dunks and layups.

Offensively they dont push the pace and dont score much in the fast break which suits us, but Giannis can be a monster in transition as everyone knows. We just need to be smart to avoid giving him easy fouls as he is one of the best foul artists in the league. We can be happy that the other foul artist they have is out though. Giannis might drop 40 on us and we might still be able to compete.

Think Bucks will be motivated and beat us pretty badly after Giannis calling everyone out... or they will lose to us and it becomes a thing. Not like when we beat Detroit but it would be something but the "what's wrong in Milwaukee?" narrative starts to pick up more steam.

Think Bucks will be motivated and beat us pretty badly after Giannis calling everyone out... or they will lose to us and it becomes a thing. Not like when we beat Detroit but it would be something but the "what's wrong in Milwaukee?" narrative starts to pick up more steam.

I think it will be a close game and we win.

lol Beasley starring down Jazz bench, like the team wronged him by trading him. Even though he's been traded by half the league.