What's new

Game Thread Jan 10, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Cavaliers

Added to Calendar: 01-10-23

Yikes! And I thought Finland is an expensive country :eek: As they use metric system here, eggs are sold in boxes of ten. Just a few moments ago I went to the nearby corner shop and bought a box (and some bacon and toast, of course) for breakfast, and the box of 10 eggs cost 1.89 Euro, which would be about US$ 2.03. The free-range chicken eggs would have costed 2.19 for a box of 10, but I decided to be cheap today (again).

In my understanding lot of the unhealthiest foods with tons of fat and added sugars can be cheaper in USA but what I have heard from some online friends is lot of healthier foods cost like hell compared to the ****** food. The difference is too big around Lauri-land too but i remember few friends in america wondering this same thing.

He sucks. He can’t rebound and he can’t defend.
Not really all that good offensively either. Pretty good passer and ball mover but thats about it. Elite level flopper though. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
I mean he has been in the league a pretty long time. What accolades does he have to show for it? He is a decent player. Nothing special. The type of player who isn't gonna be missed all that much when he isn't there. Like a lot of nba players to be honest. Not really a knock against him all that much. Not every player on a roster is a huge difference maker and moves the needle a ton.

Last edited:
Not really all that good offensively either. Pretty good passer and ball mover but thats about it. Elite level flopper though. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
The fact that one of the least knowledgable basketball people here is saying this tells you he is pretty damn good.

Cavs are not a contender as is imo. And they gave up so much for Donovan , they probably won't ever be without internal growth from unlikely roster members. But, losing J.Allen after a few minutes, killed their 2 monster point of attack last night. He plays all the game and they probably win given we couldn't stop Mitchell at all. I thought Stevens? did a decent job of taking the Finnisher out of his rhythm. That is the kind of aggressive physical defense that I see coming for him in the second half of the season, especially if he makes the ASG. But maybe that will be the ignition button for a late season tank afterall.

Honestly the best part of this win is that we won't have to hear lopo gloat about Mitchell's performance. He had a couple of missed threes late that helped seal it. Had they won, I'm afraid lopo would be insufferable!
And we don't see the Cavs for another year. So this whole mess can be put behind us and forgotten about for at least 10 months or so.

This is stunning:

Cavs with Garland 17-16 ORtg 115.1 DRtg 112.3

Cavs without Garland 9-0 ORtg 118.0 DRtg 105.3
Ya I think they gave us the wrong dude in the donovan trade. I bet they would be better with Lauri than garland. And I think garland was the player with more value. The player they were more reluctant to trade. Would be interesting to see how good they would be with Lauri and how good we would be with garland. Glad we got Lauri.

This is stunning:

Cavs with Garland 17-16 ORtg 115.1 DRtg 112.3

Cavs without Garland 9-0 ORtg 118.0 DRtg 105.3

This interests me because many on here thought Donovan would be at his best as the PG and primary ball handler.

Ya I think they gave us the wrong dude in the donovan trade. I bet they would be better with Lauri than garland. And I think garland was the player with more value. The player they were more reluctant to trade. Would be interesting to see how good they would be with Lauri and how good we would be with garland. Glad we got Lauri.

This is interesting to think about. Our return would have been a lot smaller picks wise.

This interests me because many on here thought Donovan would be at his best as the PG and primary ball handler.

This is interesting to think about. Our return would have been a lot smaller picks wise.
What we do know that despite being older, I think Conley has looked better without Don than with him.

I think Donovan is like Kyrie or Trae in a sense that you just let him do his thing and he will be most effective. You dont want a traditional PG next to a guy like that since he isnt great off ball.. doesnt cut, doesnt set the best screens etc.. so it eats away from what traditional PGs need to be effective.

Trae and Dejounte have the same problem. They just take turns possessions, but neither one supports the other.

Simmons on the other hand is the perfect backfield partner for Kyrie. Defends really well and can run set plays for the other 3 but is not ball dominant and lets Kyrie and KD take all the shots.

What we do know that despite being older, I think Conley has looked better without Don than with him.

I think Donovan is like Kyrie or Trae in a sense that you just let him do his thing and he will be most effective. You dont want a traditional PG next to a guy like that since he isnt great off ball.. doesnt cut, doesnt set the best screens etc.. so it eats away from what traditional PGs need to be effective.

Trae and Dejounte have the same problem. They just take turns possessions, but neither one supports the other.

Simmons on the other hand is the perfect backfield partner for Kyrie. Defends really well and can run set plays for the other 3 but is not ball dominant and lets Kyrie and KD take all the shots.

That is really not true at all. Conley had one of the best years of his career next to Donovan. He was an all-star and was very good.

Ya I think they gave us the wrong dude in the donovan trade. I bet they would be better with Lauri than garland.
Abso-****ing-lutely.

And I think garland was the player with more value. The player they were more reluctant to trade.
Of course, he couldn't have been traded anyway because they had just given him a 5 year max extension. Which was stupid but inevitable. That's the NBA these days.

Abso-****ing-lutely.

Of course, he couldn't have been traded anyway because they had just given him a 5 year max extension. Which was stupid but inevitable. That's the NBA these days.

He could have been traded it just would have been difficult due to the PPP.

No they wouldnt lmfao.

They can trade Garland now and get more for him. IF they kept Lauri he probably would have been in a similar role playing next to two big men and putting up modest stats.

No they wouldnt lmfao.

They can trade Garland now and get more for him. IF they kept Lauri he probably would have been in a similar role playing next to two big men and putting up modest stats.

I think the market for Garland on a max isn't great. He certainly wouldn't get what Don or Rudy got. You probably aren't getting a Lauri level player in return either. Of course, we weren't supposed to be getting a player on Lauri's current level either. They damn sure aren't getting a near all-star level wing (which is what they need.)

Lots of positive exposure from our warm reception for Mitchell. That game was featured on the NBA channel for the past two days as Game of the Day and Marquee Matchup.

Unfortunately, we still got slammed by the color guy on NBC Philadelphia as “not exactly hot spots …for a trip that begins in SLC and ends in Sacramento”. :rolleyes: