What's new

Game Thread Jan 12, 2024 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Raptors

Added to Calendar: 01-12-24

I expected a whooping, and the team really delivered. TOR’s defense is in total disarray without Poetl and I kind of expected them to quit on the last game of their road trip.

Still, Jazz played super well again. Really good balanced effort. Went inside the paint all game without a problem.

looking at the box and a lot of the numbers between the two teams are pretty similar. The main reason for the blowout? Rebounds. we had 56 and they had 31. which gave us 93 field goal attempts (43 three point attempts) and they had 81 field goal attempts (34 three point attempts)
Yeah, when one team misses a ton and the other barely misses, that happens

The difference on the offensive glass was significant, but not to an insane degree. (14 to 8)

One team was hitting shots inside the 3pt line and the other guy wasnt.

Clarkson has been so much better since coming back from injury as well. IIRC, he said he had some lingering injuries from the summer, so hopefully he’s put that behind him.

Sexton’s improvement, JC’s improvement, and the inclusion of Dunn instead of THT has improved our guard play soooooo much.

Clarkson has been so much better since coming back from injury as well. IIRC, he said he had some lingering injuries from the summer, so hopefully he’s put that behind him.

Sexton’s improvement, JC’s improvement, and the inclusion of Dunn instead of THT has improved our guard play soooooo much.
Its also Simone getting better, taking pressure off the guards.

Also the Jazz stopped playing Collins and Walker together at all, which greatly improved the spacing.

Thoughts:

- Fun, slightly trashy basketball. The Jazz came out looking like a team that believes they can turn it on whenever they want, so they were just going through the motions in the 1st half. Apparently we've become the team the Warriors used to be back in the day.

- I thought Lauri skipped this game, but then I looked at the box score and realized that not only did he play, he somehow got 22/9 on 11 shots. Uncanny.

- Nothing like seeing Barnes get a superstar whistle on the road. I like his game, but he hasn't earned any of that. Some of those calls were unbelievable.

- It's almost like the vet guards elevating their games has had an impact on Keyonte. He's picking his spots, taking better care of the ball, facilitating (but not forcing) and running the PnR like he invented it. Really encouraging.

- Siakam is preparing for the "Last 5 years of Vince Carter" stage of his career. He's just a jump shooter now. Maybe he should go to Dallas and be the 3rd banana there, sitting on the weak side and counting his money.

- Ochai sighting! I like him blowing by weak closeouts. He should do that every time he gets the chance.

On to the next one! Loving this ****.

Last edited:
He’s currently 5th in the entire league over the past 30 days in PPG per 36 mins.

I was gonna say Sexton > Donovan but Don is coming off a monster game. Over the last 10 Sexton is probably close though.

Don:

Game
Min
Minutes played
Pts
Points scored
FG
Field goals
3pt
3 pointers
Reb
Rebounds
Ast
Assists
Stl
Steals
Blk
Blocked shots
Jan 11
Jan 11
vs
vs
Nets
15-30
15-30
4-12
4-12
Jan 7
Jan 7
vs
vs
Spurs
7-18
7-18
1-10
1-10
Jan 5
Jan 5
vs
vs
Wizards
8-15
8-15
5-8
5-8
Jan 3
Jan 3
vs
vs
Wizards
6-16
6-16
4-9
4-9
Jan 1
Jan 1
@
@
Raptors
8-21
8-21
4-9
4-9
Dec 29
Dec 29
vs
vs
Bucks
14-23
14-23
2-10
2-10

This was basically a perfect game. Fun highlights… straight *** whooping… free chicken… Tay Henny and Sensabaugh awesome in victory cigar moments.

13/10 no notes.

Also… I inow he was basically invisible and didn’t make shots… Gradey Dick absolutely looked the part. What is that part? The part of the guy we definitely correctly passed ion to draft Tay ****ing Henny.

And doing it on insane efficiency.
He’s also leading the league in fun per possession.

Last night he big boy’s RJ in the paint and smiled and handed him the ball and it made me so happy. It’s fun to flex on guys but it’s more hilarious to just laugh and be polite.

Last game I said keyonte needs to distribute more. His game looked real nice tonight.
Led the team in assists and played much better overall
Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk
That’s what stood out to me as well. He had some really nice passes again that seemed to be missing in recent games, topped by the alley oop to Lauri. Even had a classic p&r with Walker that Kessler didn’t finish because he was fouled. He seemed to be directing the offense more, waiving people into position and running plays on occasion.

What I liked best about this game was how much fun everyone was having. Crowd was into it, players were having fun with eachother. Makes sense when you’re rolling and blowing a team out, but it was good to see.