What's new

Game Thread Jan 15, 2024 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Pacers

Added to Calendar: 01-15-24

We've just been overdue to lay an egg, but somehow we keep trucking along. Feels like this'll be a close one with Buddy Heild going like 7/12 from 3

Jazz have been finding so many ways to win but their relentlessness in pushing the ball has been the key. Last game after it became clear the refs were blowing their whistles, they got super aggressive attacking the rim which resulted in a huge FT advantage against the Lakers of all teams.

Hoping the guy in my avatar has a bounce back night. He needs to seriously start imposing his will in every game.

If Hardy finds a good way to slow down their preferred pace, we will win this game comfortably. They are not a great half-court team without Hali, so they need to keep pushing the pace and get that 7 second offense running smooth. If our guys can deny those transition 3s and dunks they hunt, they are in trouble. They played yesterday and were competitive to the end, so B2B + recovering in the altitude might make them wear out before the end.

Last time they had Haliburton and we didnt have Kessler, and we still had a lead late in the 3rd in their house.

We should definitely win this game. The Pacers without Haliburton are not great, and we are playing them at home with a rest advantage.

Crazier things happen in the NBA all the time, but this should be a W.

If Hardy finds a good way to slow down their preferred pace, we will win this game comfortably. They are not a great half-court team without Hali, so they need to keep pushing the pace and get that 7 second offense running smooth.
I watched their Nuggets game yesterday. They didn't even try to play at their usual pace, but were slooooowwww - especially compared to what I've seen from them before. Seems like the previous games without Haliburton have been along the same lines. Doubt that they find much of that extra pace on a B2B.