What's new

Game Thread Jan 16, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 01-16-22

I'd really like to see Joe sit until after the all star break ( if he's not traded) and see what effect it has on his game. I think this getting traded rumor bit has him in his own head. Hopefully once the deadline passes he'll revert back to normal.

I like to see EP take all his minutes

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Plus minus from last night is crazy.
Gobert played 35 minutes
Mitchell played 35 minutes
They both started the game and both finished the game and played a lot of their 35 minutes together
Gobert was a +36
Mitchell was a -4

Wtf

Thanks for that. I missed that play. Never seen him do that before

Bogey's offense just keeps getting better. Even a minor uptick in his D and he will be deadly on the floor. He is like the anti-Gobert. Gobert needs just like 2 decent post moves or a post move and a consistent little 10-foot push shot or baby hook and he moves into an entirely new level, same with Bogey on defense. He just needs that little tweak on D that shows he can consistently bother the guy he is guarding and stay within the team D concept and he takes a step into another level.

Gobert played 35 minutes
They both started the game and both finished the game and played a lot of their 35 minutes together
Gobert was a +36
Mitchell was a -4

Wtf

Really shows their impact on the game imo. Gobert's impact is just that strong. Mitchell felt kind of absent for much of the game, and had some bad defensive stretches and some ill-advised offensive sequences that either turned it over on a bad shot or took everyone else out of the flow. He came on stronger at the end, on both ends of the ball, but by then he was riding Gobert's plus/minus coattails really. Pretty telling imo.

Gobert played 35 minutes
Gobert was a +36
Mitchell was a -4

Wtf

Yeah, but I think Mitchell played a lot of minutes with Jokic with Gobert off, so I think the difference is impact is overstated. (But still very real)

Yeah, but I think Mitchell played a lot of minutes with Jokic with Gobert off, so I think the difference is impact is overstated. (But still very real)
Is there an easy way to see plus/minus with different constellations? Would be interesting to see e.g. the Rudy/Jokic +-.

Imagine hating two of the three best players on your own team to the extent that you're sour WHEN THINGS GO WELL.
I don't get the hate for any of them. They are all talented and great dudes. We don't have to pick sides here... they are all on the same team.

Bogey's offense just keeps getting better. Even a minor uptick in his D and he will be deadly on the floor. He is like the anti-Gobert. Gobert needs just like 2 decent post moves or a post move and a consistent little 10-foot push shot or baby hook and he moves into an entirely new level, same with Bogey on defense. He just needs that little tweak on D that shows he can consistently bother the guy he is guarding and stay within the team D concept and he takes a step into another level.
he got involved in a couple plays defensively tonight and it was nice to see. Bogey is a better offensive weapon than we give him credit for and i'd like to see a couple JC possessions funneled his way. JC was also good tonight on offense... had one cut he allowed right down the middle of the paint that made me face palm... but was an encouraging game overall.

he got involved in a couple plays defensively tonight and it was nice to see. Bogey is a better offensive weapon than we give him credit for and i'd like to see a couple JC possessions funneled his way. JC was also good tonight on offense... had one cut he allowed right down the middle of the paint that made me face palm... but was an encouraging game overall.
Agreed. Clarkson is an asset to the team when he's playing well, no doubt. But I do think he take a few possessions away from Bogey and Conley. To be fair, he seems to be working on moving the ball more and taking less lately.

Agreed. Clarkson is an asset to the team when he's playing well, no doubt. But I do think he take a few possessions away from Bogey and Conley. To be fair, he seems to be working on moving the ball more and taking less lately.
Clarkson just has to raise the floor of his terrible performances. If his bad games are just kind of bad, then it's not a huge killer.

Imagine hating two of the three best players on your own team to the extent that you're sour WHEN THINGS GO WELL.
I wasn't sour at all. I'm glad he's back and I'm glad we won.

Having somebody rub it in my face that we won a regular season game is pretty lame.

Rudy is an amazing regular season player. More important than Donovan. I've said that for years. Rudy simply doesn't impact the playoffs nearly the same degree as the season. And definitely not as impactful as Donovan.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app