What's new

Game Thread Jan 17, 2021 6:00PM MT: Jazz at Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 01-17-21

Jokic is in great shape... the load he carries is likely too much over a full season.

I think they need Will to be a creator scorer and he might be done with that phase of his career... had a lot of injuries over the years.

I think that Murray and Jokic handle the ball so much that it might hurt guys like Gary Harris who can’t get in a rhythm. It just seems like every time I watch them Jokic is murdering it and they are losing by 5. When DM has a monster game we usually dominating... I guess maybe it’s just depth and an abundance of creators.
Karl Malone and Kobe Bryant were examples of 40 minutes a game fit. Jokic is nowhere near that standard. Most everyone else I can remember got worn down playing those types of minutes, many of them athletic freaks.

Part of the issue is that Jokic is so unique you have to run the offense entirely differently when he isn't there. He has become do ball dominant (with good reason) that the rest of the offense kind of sits back, except Murray. If Murray goes off they often win, if he is just average or below, they lose, kind of like we used to be with Mitchell.

I see Green as the Plumlee replacement... so I guess Dozier is replacing Grant and that is a big difference. Having Porter might change things but his on/off is really bad. He's only played a few games this year. If I was Denver I'd trade him for some win now player... I think the idea and hype of Michael Porter is likely better than the player Michael Porter.

He's a lot better player than Anfernee Simons but I feel like its kinda the same premise... Portland kinda made him untouchable in trades after he was hyped AF. Now he's really struggling. If Porter hasn't improved the bloom may come off that rose.
I kind of feel like they could have cashed in some of their promising players for Beal at some point. I think the glitter has worn off of their future assets so that they would have to give up a haul of first rounders to really improve. Like you I don't think Porter is going to get them there.