What's new

Game Thread Jan 30, 2022 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Wolves

Added to Calendar: 01-30-22

On a night like tonight, yeah, I'll put up with 5 TOs. Conley is much better at running the team than Schroeder would be. He's also been playing better recently as well, averaging 16 pts and 5 ast over his last 5 games, despite not having Gobert to play off of. Conley is better than an average starter, and he runs Quin's system pretty efficiently.
Yeah but the argument was whether the Conley trade is a good one. Conley is a good player. Better than average. Sure. But we overpaid to get him. His trade help put Memphis in the strong position that they are now and also created a hole in our roster which we haven't been able to fill to this date. Last time a team gave up future first round picks to gain pieces to win now, then end with a worse record than the team that gave up the pieces was the Celtics/Nets in 2013.

Don't know where else to put this, but I thought it was interesting if not good analysis:

TLDW; It could be multiple ligament tears AND a patella dislocation (RIP), but maybe it's just ("just"?) a patella dislocation? I'm gonna expect the worst.

Last edited:
Conley is a good player and a consummate professional and a great guy and teammate, and absolutely a terrible fit from the get-go.
Exactly.

There is no vendetta against the guy. He's just not a good enough fit to push us past where Rubio was taking us because his arrival cost us not only Rubio, but a great 3&D player and a solid role player.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Pain could be good. A torn ACL isn't necessarily painful.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app
It depends on so many factors ( individuals pain tolerance, bone bruise, other ligaments involved or not?). I had torn meniscus and then 15 years later torn ACL. ACL hurt way way more than meniscus....I was in agonizing pain rolling on the soccer field for 30 sec at least. Meniscus on the other hand did not feel like much pain when I fell, I stood up and just could not flex my knee.