What's new

Jared Butler Signed 2yr Guaranteed Contract

Have you heard something specific that leads you to say this?

Sent from my SM-G887N using JazzFanz mobile app
Don’t know specifics… some league source told Ben Anderson it was bad. Even if he just lasts as long as Roy did he was worth the pick imo. I’d love to know specifics. I had hoped it was less serious.

Brandon Roy knees seems like a pretty large jump to make for someone who played 100% of their available college games and last played without problem 3 months ago. I'm going to require a much larger burden of proof than dropping in a draft, a missed summer league during contract negotiation, and a Ben Anderson source.

Brandon Roy knees seems like a pretty large jump to make for someone who played 100% of their available college games and last played without problem 3 months ago. I'm going to require a much larger burden of proof than dropping in a draft, a missed summer league during contract negotiation, and a Ben Anderson source.
I was kinda kidding but yeah I’m not super worried about it but it might be one of those Kawhi things where it’s a degenerative condition and he manages it… could be a Roy thing. Anderson is the only one I’ve heard talk about it and he’s not really Woj. The heart condition has also been given zero clarity. So we can all just guess. I’m glad we got him and hopeful he can have a good career regardless of whether it is 7-8 years or 12-15 years.

Roy and Dejaun Blair are the only guys I can think of that had their knees flagged. I think Looney had a hip issue… Brogdon had something with his foot… trying to think of other good examples… Bender? Can’t remember the specifics.

Does he have a history of knee injuries or is it a genetics thing?
None of us know but he has been healthy throughout college. Likely just he has a potential bone on bone issue coming or something else. Hopefully he is good enough that they can find ways to manage and limit whatever it is. Like if he is good enough to reduce some of the practice stress and such. I’m not worried about it as he was a second round pick and those guys almost always fail due to being bad at basketball… failing because of health happens less frequently. Just take your meds… it’s okay.