What's new

Jazz — New Bad Boys?

Pastramiking

Not the whole team, but the 3 primary Utah guards remind me of the great Piston guard trio of the Bad Boy Era—Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, and Vinnie Johnson—which is so promising. No matter what combination of the three is on the court they are dangerous for 48 minutes. Clarkson is easily the new “Microwave.” Mitchell is a more athletic (and ball dominant) Dumars, but will similar size and all around skill level. And, while Conley is not a great as Thomas, he is proving to be the reliable leader on the court and the teacher off the court. I am hopeful this trio has the ability to continue to make noise this season and in a deep playoff run. If only they still had Crowder because then the Jazz would have their Laimbeer. : )

No Lambeer = No Bad Boys.

I hated Lambeer. I thought he was dirty, and an irresponsible player. I distinctly remember his last statement against Malone, a clothesline foul in their last regular season meeting. Malone had no response to it, and it had the aire of being the final commentary (so to speak) on the infamous Malone foul on Isaiah Thomas years earlier.

That said, Laimbeer was absolutely a champion. His devotion to winning was unquestionable. This team doesn’t have an a$$hole of his caliber.

Pure sex
rexfeatures_1561502a.jpg

Clarkson is the flamethrower
Flamethrower is a better nickname than microwave.
Screw you Vinnie johnson

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

No Lambeer = No Bad Boys.

I hated Lambeer. I thought he was dirty, and an irresponsible player. I distinctly remember his last statement against Malone, a clothesline foul in their last regular season meeting. Malone had no response to it, and it had the aire of being the final commentary (so to speak) on the infamous Malone foul on Isaiah Thomas years earlier.

That said, Laimbeer was absolutely a champion. His devotion to winning was unquestionable. This team doesn’t have an a$$hole of his caliber.
I've said for a while we need an *******... Jae was great at it. He'd find some reason to get chippy every other night. Joe is an agitator but not physical enough to be the ******* we need.

I hated the Bad Boy Pistons so I will not co-sign the comparison even if it is accurate (as it relates to our back court).

I've said for a while we need an *******... Jae was great at it. He'd find some reason to get chippy every other night. Joe is an agitator but not physical enough to be the ******* we need.

I hated the Bad Boy Pistons so I will not co-sign the comparison even if it is accurate (as it relates to our back court).
How about Lance Stephenson?

The 17-18 season when you'd have Crowder, Jerebko and Ingles on the court at the same time was Utah's closest version of the Bad Boys - those guys together took joy in ****ing with the other team.

How about Lance Stephenson?
There is a fine line between headcase and *******... we also would need someone that can make the rotation. Jae was a perfect mix. A Morris brother could be it but they trend more towards headcase.

We need the modern version of Matt Barnes.

There is a fine line between headcase and *******... we also would need someone that can make the rotation. Jae was a perfect mix. A Morris brother could be it but they trend more towards headcase.

We need the modern version of Matt Barnes.
You want to trend away from headcase and you suggest Matt Barnes?

Not a whole lotta tough guys in the league that I think can fill the role. James Johnson if he was still good at basketball would be one... Tate in Houston could be one... just has the right build, mindset, and apparently he got into it with Harden in practice. They ain't giving him up though.

You want to trend away from headcase and you suggest Matt Barnes?
I'll bet you everyone in Matt's locker room friggin loved that guy when he was on the team. I like that he drove to Fisher house to bust his *** too... Morris bros have some off court stuff and I think they wouldn't have the approval rating of a guy like Barnes. Not sure what else is out there on Matt but he's one of my favorites to listen to when he's on ESPN or just talking basketball. Matt knew his role.

Jae is literally the perfect blend of mindset, physicality, and he's good but if he gets tossed you can deal with it. If he had a Niang 20 minute role on this team it'd be great.

Matt harpring was great at this... just someone that comes in and pisses people off, but also can back that **** up if it comes down to it.

Best we might be able to hope for is a fake tough guy like Greg Foster.

I mean we have somebody that literally killed another player during the preseason on the roster already. . .

I did like whoever had the idea of putting Udoka on Zion.

I mean we have somebody that literally killed another player during the preseason on the roster already. . .
Yeah he did that on accident doe... there is a difference between an ******* and an overly excited large human. He has potential to intimidate.

I will say we are a tougher team this year with the addition of Favs... TB was definitely soft AF. I just kinda want a guy that starts fights and also when he enters the fight no one really wants a part of it. Oni might lowkey be that guy but he's quiet. He might be the type that throws a punch before he says a word.

Royce is tough but he don't really start ****.

I don't think there are many of these dudes out there anymore.

Yeah he did that on accident doe... there is a difference between an ******* and an overly excited large human. He has potential to intimidate.

I will say we are a tougher team this year with the addition of Favs... TB was definitely soft AF. I just kinda want a guy that starts fights and also when he enters the fight no one really wants a part of it. Oni might lowkey be that guy but he's quiet. He might be the type that throws a punch before he says a word.

Royce is tough but he don't really start ****.

I don't think there are many of these dudes out there anymore.
RHJ is the best available. The free throw shimmy by itself could start a fight.