What's new

Jazz (26-12) at Wizards (13-25), Sunday 1/12/20, 1:30pmMT, 3:30pmET

jazzVA

7:30am AEDT (might want to check that one for accuracy)...

Washington_Wizards.jpg

I know it’s a little early for a game thread but I wanted to post this one since I’ll be attending the game in The District (it rolls off the tongue easier than City of Dysfunction). The Jazz can’t take this one lightly. In the last couple of weeks the Wiz have beaten the Celtics, Heat and but Nuggets (dang keyboard sticking again). Although in that time they’ve also lost to the Knicks and Magic (twice) so there’s that.
qmLRFj0.jpg

I took this pic last season. TAKE NOTE of ex-Wizard Jeff Green doing Jeff Green (no)things that will make you ex-Jazz in short order (not that anyone is going to stop Gobert when he has the drop on you like that).
images

The only team to ever change its name because it resembled the city TOO much. I mean, they were in Baltimore before DC (they were also the Chicago Packers and Chicago Zephyrs before that).
s-l300.jpg

And more from the did-you-know-who-cares department: Jerry Sloan was originally drafted by the Bullets, twice as matter of fact. He was selected by the Bulls in their expansion draft after only one season with the Bullets.
P8dF5I5.jpg

Almost the same seats about 10 rows behind the Jazz bench--hoping for more Don dunks.

Oh, one more thing--Eva, I’ll be waiting when you dump that Ryan Gosling putz (just kidding honey if you stumble upon this message board).
10697_Actress-Eva-Mendes-on-the-terrace-railing.jpg

Last edited:
Bringing back teh game thredz.

This one scares me because of the time the game is played. It is a game they should win but Washington is capable of beating good teams.

This one scares me because of the time the game is played. It is a game they should win but Washington is capable of beating good teams.
Yes. Sunday early afternoon games at MSG scare me. Pretty sure that’s like a 20 year losing streak.

They will have everyone but hatchimura. Beal and Jordan McRae and Bertrans have enough talent to upset us. Cover them ballhogs and we good

I think Rudy should sit this one. Call it load management or toothache but there is a need to test a rudy-less lineup. Come playoff time teams will want to take him out early and get him into foul trouble. We should prepare.

I think Rudy should sit this one. Call it load management or toothache but there is a need to test a rudy-less lineup. Come playoff time teams will want to take him out early and get him into foul trouble. We should prepare.

No minutes = no stats = no recognition = no all-stars or all-nba = no interest for Rudy to be in a small market

Random thoughts:

I like Admiral Schofield and Gary Payton II. It'll be cool seeing them play us.

Pasečņiks has to be one of the best two-way players in the league.

Also, Thomas Bryant loves anime and drawing. This means he and Rudy are destined to be pals.

The wizards are weird.

One night they smash the celtics and the nuggets next night get smashed by the hawks.

Ordinarily, I would be worried about us playing a team with half of its players out with injuries, because we often treat it as a gimme -- with disastrous results. Not this time, because our bench is hungry to show us what they bring to game.

Horsecrap. Teams 2-5 are all tied in the loss column, so we can't afford to lose a game from "testing."