What's new

Jazz acquire NAW and Juancho Hernangomez for Ingles, Hughes, and two 2nd round picks.

Are they under the salary cap?

If they don’t have a roster that can compete for the championship, they need to get under the cap and avoid the repeater tax.

My Pelicans fan mate says he's a deeply frustrating player who can go off for 20 points only to serve up TOs that would make Westbrook proud. Also, that he has all the tools, but not the head.

My 2 cents: I don't know much about NAW but I remember him being hyped out of college. I saw one game and he was horrible and another where he looked pretty good. I just don't see the need for another guard. We have Forrest who has showed some improvement. We have JB who needs developing and now you bring in another guard who has played badly this year. I always laugh when the organization talks about developing guys but who have they really developed. What I have observed is that the Jazz seem to be stuck in the mindset to bring in older players past their primes and sit the young developing guys which has been very frustrating to watch. I hope NAW surprises me and can help the team. I hope they sign House too. Move JC to get another defensive SF.

The Jazz have gotten as much value out of homegrown and developed talent than just about any team in the league.

Do you have a link or a direction to point me? I can google it myself if I a little direction. It really doesn't make sense to me at this point and I'd like to find out why.
I think maybe this at least happens if we use the TPE on Hernangomez (but I don't know why we would do that, is that to free up another TPE?):
Teams can send out more than one player in the same simultaneous trade, "aggregating" their salaries in order to acquire a replacement player with a higher salary than can be acquired by trading any outgoing player alone. For example, since the most a taxpaying team can receive for a $10 million player is $12.6 million, it cannot trade its $10 million player for another team's $15 million player. However, it can aggregate the salary of its $10 million player with that of another player making $2 million. With the combined $12 million in outgoing salaries the team can receive up to $15.1 million in return, which lets them trade for the $15 million player. An aggregated trade must be simultaneous -- aggregated non-simultaneous trades are not allowed. Also, if a team used an exception to acquire a player (which means it acquired the player by any means other than using cap room), it cannot include that player in an aggregated trade for two months.6
This is from http://cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q84

Juancho can be traded but he can’t get aggregated. So you can’t trade Juancho+Clarkson for example. We could try to rope any future trade in with the one that has been agreed upon.

TPE is useless because we won’t use it. This is a money trade, we will not spend more money and use the TPE.

WILLY HERMANGOMEZ HAS JUST BEEN DYNAMITE THIS YEAR WHEN GIVEN MINUTES, MAYBE THEY THINK IT MIGHT HAPPEN FOR HIS BROTHER,NOW A JAZZMAN

I think maybe this at least happens if we use the TPE on Hernangomez (but I don't know why we would do that, is that to free up another TPE?):

This is from http://cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q84
And that footnote (the '6') is:
It is commonly misreported that a team cannot aggregate a player (usually worded as trading the player with other players) for two months if the team is over the cap, or that a team that was under the cap when it made the initial trade cannot aggregate the player in a subsequent trade if it went over the cap in the meantime. Neither of these is true. All that matters is whether the player was acquired with an exception or with cap room.

NAW should be better than he is by now... he might just be a bust... but all the guys drafted the last few years are hurt by the covid stuff... they haven't had normal offseasons. Also since he was in NO he gets a little grace.

If he still sucks end of year next year then he's a bust... but he's worth a flier.

He won't be in the rotation... at least not for long. He's not a precursor to a JC move imo... if a JC move was going to happen it would happen without regard to this move.

This was 92% about money... 8% about getting a prospect imo.

Juancho can be traded but he can’t get aggregated. So you can’t trade Juancho+Clarkson for example. We could try to rope any future trade in with the one that has been agreed upon.

TPE is useless because we won’t use it. This is a money trade, we will not spend more money and use the TPE.
What I don't get is, do we need to use TPE to get Juancho in the first place? If we don't, why can't we aggregate him?

My Pelicans fan mate says he's a deeply frustrating player who can go off for 20 points only to serve up TOs that would make Westbrook proud. Also, that he has all the tools, but not the head.
Sounds kinda like clarkson

Way better than him leaving while still playing.
Not for Ingles sake. Dude gave this team his all and sadly gets injured and that may end his career. Now to celebrate that he gets shipped off from his team of guys that he liked.

That's life I guess... He is making a lot of money and I'm not so certain he didn't already know this was bound to happen even before the injury.

Find a player making around $5-8 millon that a team doesn't want but can help us. Trade Hernangomez's expiring and another 2nd for that player. We can make a list....

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app