What's new

Jazz acquire NAW and Juancho Hernangomez for Ingles, Hughes, and two 2nd round picks.

God damn I hate this franchise so much right now.

We really used two 2nd rounders and Elijah Hughes to dump Ingles contract?

Dont give me any BS about NAW having talent. He has less talent than Elijah Hughes.

If you hate watching Jordan Clarkson play, just wait til you get to see NAW.

If they don’t trade JC or JB then I truly have no idea what the Jazz are doing besides saving money and generating a trade exception that will be used to sell excitement to fans but will never be used for basketball.
February 2022: bro TPEs are incredibly valuable and give you ultimate flexibility to take players that could be key pieces.

February 2023: bro most all TPEs expire and they just don’t get used often across the league. You shouldn’t have any hopes about TPEs.

Repeat process next time we generate a TPE in salary clearing.

This is a financial move to help save some coin and get back a young player who could develop into more of a role through time. Juancho is simply filler and we hate second round picks anyway.

I don't think we're done - I think Clarkson is going somewhere.

From your lips to God's ears.

Can anyone fill me in on NAW's defense? I have absolutely no idea what he's like on that end.

He might be our best on-ball guy immediately (size/effort/athleticism - Mike better on guys he can physically match), but he's not very good off-ball in my experience.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Gay and JC. I liked Hernangomez at times... I did not expect this to be our direction... it does hint that we don't think we are super close to a title this year unless... lets see what the follow up deal is.

I'd be surprised if Gay is traded. He's definitely fallen off since his super hot start and Paschall has been playing great, but I think Gay is the favorite to be the backup 5 for the playoffs.

I love Joe. I hope we get him back in the summer on a vet min deal. Weirdly enough I like this deal more in the long-run than in the short term, although... it's better to have players that might play than injured ones guaranteed to not play. The compensation(2 seconds) is reasonable I guess. I think we get out of luxury tax too?

I love Joe. I hope we get him back in the summer on a vet min deal. Weirdly enough I like this deal more in the long-run than in the short term, although... it's better to have players that might play than injured ones guaranteed to not play. The compensation(2 seconds) is reasonable I guess. I think we get out of luxury tax too?

We didn't get out of the tax, but the tax bill is $11M less. Honestly, I think this FO/Ownership group would have traded two 2nds just to get off that money so anything NAW is a boost.

I guess it's better than dumping Joe and 2nd rounders to OKC to save $30 million. But underwhelming for sure.

Still in the tax and spent the best chip to get out of it.

We're still deep into the luxury tax, though this does help us a bit on that front.

I think we're about 12M over now.

I know we all like to be skeptical of the intentions... I actually think NAW is a solid second draft guy. He's totally worth a flier... especially getting out of that dumpster fire. I'm fine with the picks going out and fine with the money saved. I do think there is a follow up here.

Hernangomez is fine as well.
Same, I don't have any illusions about NAW, but the very fact that he's a second draft type of guy is the reason you could have him. If he was showing something significant you wouldn't be able to get him in that deal.

This trade does absolutely nothing to help us contend for a championship this season and with NAW's offensive inefficiency, it may even hurt our chances.

I hope I'm wrong on NAW and the Jazz turn him around, but damn. This franchise has **** vibes right now.

Diva super-star 6'1 SG and a cheap *** owner who only cares about saving money and being a "cool" franchise.

Can NAW defend? His splits are bad.

The numbers like him his sophomore year, mostly because he created a lot of turnovers. I haven't watched him enough to really look at his defense, but as far as actually being a good on ball defender I'm going to give it a no. But if he's got one of those crazy wingspans IIRC and he's quick.

He's very much a "The idea of" type of prospect. Everyone loved him out of the draft because of all his traits...but he's really stunk it up after a promising sophomore year.

We say we’re contending now while also talking about bringing in a developmental piece and continuing to trade away any sweeteners we’d have for any deals.
Yeah all those dumbass local media types that LOL'd us because we thought JB should be playing get to go kick rocks. One of my favorite lies they have told is you can't develop guys and be a contender.

This isnt the meh sandwich I expected... but i expected a meh sandwich. "Tuna fish huh.... thought this would be turkey and provolone"