What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

These guys are reporting the same thing I heard and tried to tell you all last week. Was reaffirmed yesterday. The only thing I know about the return is that we are going to be extremely happy. The player haul sucks, the pick haul is fantastic.
Are you Michelle Obama?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that Rose and Fournier both come our way, and we send Beverley back in a separate deal for one of them since he can't be traded with Don in any deal for a few more weeks.

In regards to PK, wasn’t he reporting that we were going to be VERY active on draft night? I’m trying to remember, but there was something that his sources were texting him a few weeks ago that didn’t happen.

1-2 weeks ago, Monty was saying that his sources were telling him that the Jazz weren’t looking to move from Donovan. So I fully expect a trade to happen soon, and for Monty to remind us all that he was predicting this MONTHS ago.
If you take that many shots you can always go back and grab the correct tweet and say "see told ya so!". Sadly he missed so bad on the Rudy deal it is obvious he's just a complete dumbass.

Know what I want from Knicks.
2023 1st (top 7 protected)
Dallas 2023 1st
2025 1st (top 6 protected)
2031 1st
Detroit 2024 2nd
Detroit 2025 2nd
Fournier (filler), Toppin, Grimes, McBride

They get Mitchell, Butler (stinks) and some other scrub.

If they balk, take out the 2031 one.

@NUMBERICA

Curious why you think this is a bad trade for us.

I literally was just gonna check out on this **** for a few days cuz it sounded like it was going to be weeks or months... and now this. I may go back to the good old days and just read about nba trades a week after they happen in the paper.

@NUMBERICA

A team can only make draft pick trades 7 years in advance, so ‘31 isn’t in play.

We need unprotected picks, full stop. Three of them at least. Donovan is a ****ing great player on a good contract and young. He was the machine behind several elite offenses. Let’s not get lost in the warts.

Your trade is a sack of garbage. Sorry. We need to walk away with premium assets that convert to a premium player because that’s what the Jazz are trading away.

@NUMBERICA

For starters they can’t trade their 2031 1st. Secondly, we need unprotected picks not the protection garbage you have on there. Lastly, it’s just not enough and you didn’t include any pick swaps either.

My sources have confirmed that the trade will happen today. The Jazz are getting a Uhaul amount of assets

Would PK really get the news before Shams? No way
My guess is that the deal is extremely close to being done, so Ainge wants Utah radio to be saying this to put pressure on the Knicks to just accept it and stop trying to squeeze the trade.