What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

I predict nothing happens on the DM front at least until September 6. That's the day the Jazz can legally move the players we received in the Gobert trade. Then it could really be tradeapalooza with players, picks and guys getting traded, waived and flying around like crazy.

Good luck moving that deal without incentivizing the team who takes it.
Don't know enough about the Heat's thinking, but how about something like Randle for Duncan Robinson + filler/draft considerations? Both teams get rid of salaries they may not want for possibly better fits moving forward.

Heat forums seem to be almost ready to move on from pursuing Riley's mythical "whale" to just rounding out their roster with a legit PF.

Then Robinson could take something of the Fournier role for the Knicks if Fournier's moving to Utah.

Or maybe the financials override the fits on the court and neither team would benefit enough to consider this deal?

Randle is an interesting case. Seems like his best fits were Dallas and Sacramento, but they already made moves with similar bigs. He doesn't make much sense for the Lakers because he doesn't fit all that well with LBJ and AD. I think he's more helpful than Westbrook, but his contract then becomes the issue if LBJ leaves.

Maybe Miami takes him for a bad contract. Or the Nets take him just to add a player since they have no picks.

Don't know enough about the Heat's thinking, but how about something like Randle for Duncan Robinson + filler/draft considerations? Both teams get rid of salaries they may not want for possibly better fits moving forward.

Heat forums seem to be almost ready to move on from pursuing Riley's mythical "whale" to just rounding out their roster with a legit PF.

Then Robinson could take something of the Fournier role for the Knicks if Fournier's moving to Utah.

Or maybe the financials override the fits on the court and neither team would benefit enough to consider this deal?
Not sure the Heat would go for it, but I’d love to see the Jazz offer to salary dump Duncan Robinson’s ugly contract for their 23’ lottery protected pick and Nikola Jovic. I’d even offer them two win now pieces like Beverley and Vanderbilt to get it done.

Last edited:
Not sure the Heat would go for it, but I’d love to see the Jazz offer to salary dump Duncan Robinson’s ugly contract for their 23’ lottery protected pick and Nikola Jovic. I’d even offer them two win now pieces on like Beverley and Vanderbilt to get it done.
Bogey would be a great fit on that team

His contract is long and decent sized. The issue is he doesn't fit on a good team as he is not a good defender for a big, isn't a good shooter, and isn't really efficient with the ball. He could be a decent reclamation project but he will never be viewed as good as the guy he was when he signed his deal. He will take playing time and opportunity away from developing players if he is on a tank team.

Randle is a tough guy to find a market for. If we took him I'd want at least one first for it... and a good one. I don't see the Heat as super interested in that. I'd rather have Duncan and it isn't close.

Not sure the Heat would go for it, but I’d love to see the Jazz offer to salary dump Duncan Robinson’s ugly contract for their 23’ lottery protected pick and Nikola Jovic. I’d even offer them two win now pieces on like Beverley and Vanderbilt to get it done.
I think I like the sound of this. I have to look at Robinson’s contract again because yikes.

Just catching up. Did the Jazz trade Mitchell to the Knicks for 6 picks yet?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk