What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Any and all young, unproven players coming to Utah makes the most sense to me.

All Vanderbilt, Reddish, Toppin, Grimes types should all end in Utah imo. Vets go to Lakers. Spida to NY.

Any and all young, unproven players coming to Utah makes the most sense to me.

All Vanderbilt, Reddish, Toppin, Grimes types should all end in Utah imo. Vets go to Lakers. Spida to NY.
Vanderbilt is will be an unrestricted free agent soon and this roster isn’t a great fit for his skill set. Not trading him now would be a misuse of the asset if they can get some kind of 1st in the deal.

He will either not be as good here and leave, or he will be good and leave. While he’s under contract here, the Jazz will be bad. It doesn’t make sense to keep him.

Vanderbilt is will be an unrestricted free agent soon and this roster isn’t a great fit for his skill set. Not trading him now would be a misuse of the asset if they can get some kind of 1st in the deal.

He will either not be as good here and leave, or he will be good and leave. While he’s under contract here, the Jazz will be bad. It doesn’t make sense to keep him.
Vando in New York or LA. Both places would love him. It's all about the picks.

#thedownpaymenttrade
Go on ahead and laugh… but there have been constant rumors… Lebron extends giving up his leverage… why would he do that? Pat Bev tweets about a clips lakers game a couple weeks ago… Bev complains about KD holding **** up… the Indiana trade hasn’t happened… and there is no damn way the Lakers throw away a year of James and AD on the books… the trade is already agreed to in principle… they executed part one now. They will execute part 2 either in the NY deal or separately.

Lakers are about to start Thomas Bryant… they need Vando. It will be Bogey, Beasley, Vando and Reddish to LA. Lakers preserve enough cap space to get Kyrie next summer (who will give him the 40M max? No one… so he will happily take a two year 70M deal.).

Why is it terrible? We get 5 unprotected picks, 4 of them in 27 and 29, we get Jovic, we get 2 additional swaps. This is much better than the current Knicks offer.

You can’t combine them as one offer and then call it better than the current Knicks offer because we’re adding our own players to the deal that the Knicks aren’t originally asking for.

Friggin idiots want to give everything to the lakers, good lord.
No kidding. Anyone that wants to give up Bogey, Beasley, Vando, Quickley and Reddish for 2 firsts is nuts. A few of those guys are worth a 1st on their own and the others if force fed minutes would probably bring back a first or a couple seconds as well. Those guys could bring back 5 firsts if Reddish were to play well when force fed minutes.

Bogey Beasley Herro... the 2 picks come our way. +MIA 27 +MIA29+MIA 23+ MIA 26 swap+Jovic +28 swap
Bogey, Beasley and Herro are worth way more than 2 Lakers picks. That is terrible value coming back for a player the caliber of Herro.

I want the Jazz to get Reddish.

And I only want to include Vanderbilt in the laker deal (if more than Bogey + Beasley/Conley/Clarkson is required).

I want the Jazz to get Reddish.

And I only want to include Vanderbilt in the laker deal (if more than Bogey + Beasley/Conley/Clarkson is required).
They need an entire rotation. We get more when we send more. It would be required and that is absolutely fine. He will not be here in two years in any believable scenario or he will be overpaid to stay.

Go on ahead and laugh… but there have been constant rumors… Lebron extends giving up his leverage… why would he do that? Pat Bev tweets about a clips lakers game a couple weeks ago… Bev complains about KD holding **** up… the Indiana trade hasn’t happened… and there is no damn way the Lakers throw away a year of James and AD on the books… the trade is already agreed to in principle… they executed part one now. They will execute part 2 either in the NY deal or separately.
lmao, I was giving you props.

Like I said, if you right and the bigger UTA/LA trade gets done, egg on my face.

This whole situation could be a reverse mortgage in the making. In that scenario, the Lakers and Knicks would not have to pay compensation until the last Jazz player left Vivint Arena. That old guy from Magnum PI explained it very well.

My favorite thing about sending Beasley to LA is that that likely means that Clarkson becomes tank commander and tries to go for 50 every night and sets fire to everything in the process.
I love JC, but I don't think his body could handle that with the way he plays. The times he had to play major minutes, he always looked like he was going to collapse.

They need an entire rotation. We get more when we send more. It would be required and that is absolutely fine. He will not be here in two years in any believable scenario or he will be overpaid to stay.

I’m fine including Vanderbilt + many quality players (Bogey, Beasley, Clarkson, Conley - if they’d take him). I’m even fine including Reddish if need be. But, given the fact Reddish is often seemingly regarded as a throw-in, I’m more inclined to throw in someone older or a guard. But again, I’m fine if he’s included.

I’m just kinda salivating at a buying-low on someone with Reddish’ measurables. I still have my draft prospect goggles on.

I’d prefer to send them Quickly over Reddish. That may be a wrong move, but Reddish potential > Quickly’s.