What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

I just wish there was a number between 2 and 4 where it makes sense to meet.

Seriously though go 5 picks 3 unprotected Grimes Quickley Toppin… IQ and Toppin won’t play much… just give ‘em to us damnit. If they want to keep Grimes then sub an unprotected pick or two protected picks in.

We route Reddish to LA with the other stuff we need to give up and get their picks. Part of me wonders if Grimes is actually the key that unlocks both LA picks… I think we could do it without him and seem to really want him.

It will get done before camp. I feel it in my balls.
I think that is crabs.

Then to top it off, earlier today he quote tweeted an article about the US World Cup team and said what a great job Alex Jensen is doing coaching that team...Jim Boylen is coaching the team, Jensen is coaching the US Americup team next month. A bunch of people pointed out his mistake in the comments and he has since deleted the tweet.
With all the changes a foot, why can't we include Locke in a trade to NY?

I mean, I dont think Russ playing some amount of games in Utah is super out of the question.

Come on now lmao. Dude will never step foot on the court for us or wear a Jazz uniform for a single second. He’s getting bought out as soon as the trade is finalized.

Donovan + Gay for RJ + Fournier + Reddish

We get their 23/26/28 unprotected 1sts and 2 of their protected 1sts.

The Knicks can then use their 24/30 1sts plus Toppin/Grimes/Quickley to make a move for another player when the time comes or that is the thought process anyways.

We then send Bogey + Beasley + Reddish + a protected 1st from the Knicks to the Lakers for Westbrook + their 27/29 unprotected 1sts.

RJ is coming back to us in the deal guys get ready for it. I’m ****ing excited especially with him being locked up for 5 years on an extremely team friendly contract.

Come on now lmao. Dude will never step foot on the court for us or wear a Jazz uniform for a single second. He’s getting bought out as soon as the trade is finalized.
I disagree with the right away part. might not see the court or a uniform but they will try to talk him in to taking less money to be bought out so he can go somewhere else. And that will take time.

I disagree with the right away part. might not see the court or a uniform but they will try to talk him in to taking less money to be bought out so he can go somewhere else. And that will take time.

That’s correct, they would announce that he is going to get bought out right away though.

Kind of interesting how Quentin Grimes is viewed as being this really good prospect when Johnny Davis is 20 months younger and was a better player as a Sophomore #1 option than Grimes was as a 2nd/3rd option.

I’d rather have Davis for sure. RJ is better than any prospect on the Wizards though.

There is so much posturing going on and so much being leaked to the media by both sides right now to try to spin things in their favor, it's pretty much impossible to know what's real and what's not at this point.
I never buy the fact that we were interested in RJ. For 2 reasons : He will hurt the tank. He is not good enough to change us into a good team.
DA want lots of picks and will accept probably Fournier as bad contract in the deal. And i'm pretty sure too that he will not mind if we have to keep Don few more months.
The Jazz want RJ Barrett. This is factual at this point. Not speculation.

This gets said all the time, but $40 MM is a lot of money to just pay someone to go away. Does this mean that the going rate for an unprotected pick is $20MM and solid role players? I get it, no one would want him to play for us, but that's just a ton of money to pay someone not to play.

This gets said all the time, but $40 MM is a lot of money to just pay someone to go away. Does this mean that the going rate for an unprotected pick is $20MM and solid role players? I get it, no one would want him to play for us, but that's just a ton of money to pay someone not to play.
Can't the Jazz negotiate with the Lakers that they pay x amount of the buy out?

We’d have to pay him regardless if he is bought out or not.