What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Danny is PH. D level of negotiating and what I mean by that is Pretty Huge Dick…

He walks into the room whips it out on the table… several female assistants and one male assistant faint. Danny declares “we all know where this is going” and slides a paper across the table. The opposing GM takes a sip of water and chokes when he sees the offer and spits the water in the table. Danny stares at him and says “you have 48 hours”.
I believe ron Jeremy was in the original.

At some point you need players. Cant have a full season with no a single decentt level long term prospect.
I think you get Toppin and maybe swing a deal for sexton. Kinda wild to me that Indy ain’t interested there. I think he’s a solid fit with Haliburton.

How does Bagley have a 3/36 and there is nothing out there for Sexton? I know they are very different dudes but Sexton is getting all the stink of being a big stats on a bad team guy and I’m not sure it’s entirely fair. It was just a meniscus right? Wasn’t ACL. I think the hate has gone too far.

When the Jazz traded Gobert, there were rumors that the Jazz were trying to finesse it by involving additional teams. It wouldn't surprise me if the Jazz basically know what the Knicks' offer is, and now they're trying to expand the deal with other players they want to move. They'd use the momentum and the urgency of the Knicks deal to try to attach a couple more things they want to accomplish.

What if Trader Dan closes shop, signs Hassan Whiteside for a year and goes with Donovan? If you calculate Hassan's numbers out of per minute played they are not far off from Rudy's. I think there is more depth currently sitting on the roster than last season's team.

I think you get Toppin and maybe swing a deal for sexton. Kinda wild to me that Indy ain’t interested there. I think he’s a solid fit with Haliburton.

How does Bagley have a 3/36 and there is nothing out there for Sexton? I know they are very different dudes but Sexton is getting all the stink of being a big stats on a bad team guy and I’m not sure it’s entirely fair. It was just a meniscus right? Wasn’t ACL. I think the hate has gone too far.

Pacers just drafted Mathurin though.

Pacers just drafted Mathurin though.
You can play those three together. Duarte is cool but it’s not like he’s super high upside. Plenty of minutes for those 4.

Indiana isn’t going to find a lot of fantastic uses for space. Acquiring a young scorer would help… and his price is likely not all that much. I’d at least shoot over a favorable offer sheet… if Cavs match nbd. If not you get a decent young guy on a good contract. Could make it descend so it’s a better asset as time goes on.

Thinking maybe Ainge and Knicks have a deal worked out
Maybe Ainge is working on some other deals that would send some of Knicks and Jazz players to other teams
Maybe Jazz won't announce Knicks deal till other trades are finalized
Ainge is in Mad Trader mode right now :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Could a team trade a TPE to another team and then trade a player that fits into that TPE to the other team? I ask because if we need to trade a player as part of a group, but we can't be because they been recently acquired and can't be part of a group in a trade, then doing the TPE trick is one way around it.

This. If they do well (or win), they're probably trying to showcase them to get the pick asking price down
Nah, this would just be a (by far) secondary and somewhat limited benefit for them if it happened, imo. I think it's far more likely that they're trying to send a message to Ainge that "we're nowhere close to a deal, and we're going to act accordingly."

(Or it could mean that Grimes is actually not really part of what's being negotiated. Who knows?)

This has to be the most constipated the trade market has ever been... KD, Kyrie, Russ, Don... then there will be like 50 more dominos that fail.