What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

when does training camp start? thanks have a great day.
I don't know if it's uniform across the league, but here's a few dates that should shed some light. Eurobasket goes through September 18 and the preseason starts September 30 (sidenote: Jazz play their first preseason game on 10/2). I'd guess training camp starts for most teams sometime in mid September.

View: https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/1563200530205138944

This trade is only Utah vs NYK.

Yall are being delusional thinking there is anyone else (at this time). Things could change next off-season, but right now there are only two teams in actual serious talks.

Nobody thinks that but also lolz at the New York guy who can’t even get his own Knicks stories right being a source for Cleveland lmao.

Also, everyone knows the Knicks can give the most but the question lies will they. That’s the entire reason why we have talked about other packages because their A package beats the Knicks B package.

Nobody thinks that but also lolz at the New York guy who can’t even get his own Knicks stories right being a source for Cleveland lmao.

Also, everyone knows the Knicks can give the most but the question lies will they. That’s the entire reason why we have talked about other packages because their A package beats the Knicks B package.
If Danny calls Leon tomorrow and is like "okay fine we will take 3 unprotecteds plus the other stuff" its a done deal. All the stuff on the RJ Barrett front was from NY... they were clearly trying something... it was hilarious that some NY folks were like "I don't know what Utah is doing with these leaked RJ rumors" when it was literally only from the NY side and the Utah reporters were like "nope".

The noise coming from NY makes me think they are squirming a bit here. I think they worry that if they come with a 3 unprotected offer that Danny says "almost... just one more" and now the baseline deal they put up is higher.

Danny has like two more weeks to bluff before he needs to get too serious. Guessing it goes down to the wire while he waits for the godfather offer.

The start of training camp is the first mini deadline. We have no reason to do it before then unless they bend. No agreement at that point and things could go haywire.

If Danny calls Leon tomorrow and is like "okay fine we will take 3 unprotecteds plus the other stuff" its a done deal. All the stuff on the RJ Barrett front was from NY... they were clearly trying something... it was hilarious that some NY folks were like "I don't know what Utah is doing with these leaked RJ rumors" when it was literally only from the NY side and the Utah reporters were like "nope".

The noise coming from NY makes me think they are squirming a bit here. I think they worry that if they come with a 3 unprotected offer that Danny says "almost... just one more" and now the baseline deal they put up is higher.

Danny has like two more weeks to bluff before he needs to get too serious. Guessing it goes down to the wire while he waits for the godfather offer.

Sums it up pretty good. The funny part is Knicks fans saying other teams couldn’t beat the recent offer they sent. News flash MULTIPLE teams could. What they can’t beat is 4 unprotected 1sts. If you come with 3 plus 3 protected that likely gets you there unless Ainge is sticking to his guns for 4.

I wouldn’t mind 3 with the 4th being lightly protected like the Minnesota deal.

Bontemps on the pod today said Charlotte’s 25/27/29 is likely more valuable than those Knicks picks anyways. So if they came to the table with that (they likely won’t) how exactly is that not better than the Knicks offer?

Again, this is the MAIN point. Nobody can beat the Knicks A offer. Everyone knows this. The problem is currently they aren’t offering that. Pretty simple to understand but many don’t and still don’t even after a breakdown of it.

Which is why we should take Don off the market for this year.
No. Let's say the offer gets to 3 unprotected picks, 2 protected and Toppin... you gonna hold a guy for a year, risk injury, delay the rebuild, hurt your own pick, put your fans through a miserable season... for what? 1 additional unprotected pick... some mystery team coming forward.

Execute the trade a day before training camp or during training camp... cause maximum disruption to the Knicks... toss a little grenade at em to start the season. If they keep Randle and he's healthy they have a 50% chance at giving us a lotto pick next year.

No. Let's say the offer gets to 3 unprotected picks, 2 protected and Toppin... you gonna hold a guy for a year, risk injury, delay the rebuild, hurt your own pick, put your fans through a miserable season... for what? 1 additional unprotected pick... some mystery team coming forward.

Execute the trade a day before training camp or during training camp... cause maximum disruption to the Knicks... toss a little grenade at em to start the season. If they keep Randle and he's healthy they have a 50% chance at giving us a lotto pick next year.
Well I am seriously flawed as a person and sooooo many issues, so… ya screw the fans the player and the team to put the Knicks org and fans in the grinder