What's new

Jazz are Setting Up a Tank

I just think if Don to NY was happening those dudes would totally telegraph it. They aren't real quiet about what they do.

What did they say?
Windy brings up do we think Rudy gets traded and McMahon (who is the best and funny AF) says... "you really gonna act like you don't know anything... really..." super long pause and he kinda moved into his speech (like the one he had on TV that is going viral) where he says "what happened last time Danny took over a team"... Tim talked about how they have been advising all offseason that the Jazz rebuild... then talked about Rudy to Minny possibility.

I think the Minny package would be pick heavy and have Russell for salary filler... so no win now value really... I think Windy is tied into Miami still and may know what dominos are falling. He is annoying but he's been all over it this offseason.

This just isn’t true. They own literally every single one of their future picks and own 3 other teams firsts in 2023.
Ainge is being very interestional on trades. If he was trading Don to NY to tank, he would have wanted the most picks, cap space or expirings.

NY has added Brunson and Hartelstein into their space. And they used assets to dump three expirings (Burks, Kemba and Noel).

If NY was the grand plan, now we gotta take back Randle or Fournier which are bad contracts. Just doesn't make sense.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

You know what....Don and friends to BKN.....Rudy to a team where he can win....we tank. Everyone is happy.

He can't go there unless they move Simmons because the NBA cba is weird ****.
Which is stupid because that would actually be a good fit and I could see them having more draft capital that we would want possibly. it would be good for everyone.

Until we sign a wing... or some veteran piece... I will believe we are headed for a tank/rebuild.

I still just have a hard time believe Ryan Smith is going to go full on re-build right now considering all the talk we've heard about how much he cares about the all-star game being in Salt Lake this year, and wanting Donovan to be a big part of it.

There is definitely a weird vibe right now though. The fact that they let Royce and House both go and now have almost no wings on the roster either signals that they're going to trade Rudy and get a couple of wings backs, or they really are going to completely blow it up.

I still just have a hard time believe Ryan Smith is going to go full on re-build right now considering all the talk we've heard about how much he cares about the all-star game being in Salt Lake this year, and wanting Donovan to be a big part of it.

There is definitely a weird vibe right now though. The fact that they let Royce and House both go and now have almost no wings on the roster either signals that they're going to trade Rudy and get a couple of wings backs, or they really are going to completely blow it up.
I would hope that the “we have the all-star game, so we’re not going to blow it up” was just a news headline to give us more leverage in trades. But I also hoped that the yellow jersey leak was just a troll job, so my confidence isn’t very high in that.

I do think we are seeing Ainge take control and steer the ship right now. I don't want to like Danny but if he stops us from being subjected to Vivek 2.0 then we all need to kneel at the Alter of Ainge. I would even give Ryan a lot of credit for stepping back and letting him do his thang.

I would hope that the “we have the all-star game, so we’re not going to blow it up” was just a news headline to give us more leverage in trades. But I also hoped that the yellow jersey leak was just a troll job, so my confidence isn’t very high in that.
It was a real thing... still is. They threw some cold water on it but the same folks that threw cold water on it brought it up again later.

It's true that Mitchell or Gobert could become the focus of completing other big trades for guys like KD, Kyire, Simmons, etc. So Ainge can sit back and see if new teams come up with massive offers.

Like what if KD is willing to go to Miami if Mitchell goes there too? Jazz would get a haul like OKC got for Paul George.

It's true that Mitchell or Gobert could become the focus of completing other big trades for guys like KD, Kyire, Simmons, etc. So Ainge can sit back and see if new teams come up with massive offers.

Like what if KD is willing to go to Miami if Mitchell goes there too? Jazz would get a haul like OKC got for Paul George.
Wait, how on Earth would they have assets to get both KD and Mitchell in trades? That analogy doesnt add up because Kawhi was a free agent who would come if they traded for George.

I do think we are seeing Ainge take control and steer the ship right now. I don't want to like Danny but if he stops us from being subjected to Vivek 2.0 then we all need to kneel at the Alter of Ainge. I would even give Ryan a lot of credit for stepping back and letting him do his thang.
Also **** changes.

People freak out because Tony Jones said "they dont want to tank" but that doesnt mean they didnt want to, then saw what was being offered, and changed their minds.

Hell and maybe someone changes their mind here soon and offers up a really great win now Gobert trade package and Utah switches courses. It's possible. Anything is possible. It's a fluid situation most likely.

Ainge is being very interestional on trades. If he was trading Don to NY to tank, he would have wanted the most picks, cap space or expirings.

NY has added Brunson and Hartelstein into their space. And they used assets to dump three expirings (Burks, Kemba and Noel).

If NY was the grand plan, now we gotta take back Randle or Fournier which are bad contracts. Just doesn't make sense.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah, no teams who tank ever tank back bad contracts. Thats so rare.

*this is sarcasm*

He also put out those *****ouse jersey, they got leaked, everyone **** on them, then he delayed the official unveiling so he could make purple the main message.

So yeah, Ryan Smith has ****** basketball related opinions but he is seemingly willing to change course when told he should, so there is that.

Smith hired Ainge knowing what Ainge is like. You think he’s not going to listen if Ainge says the best option is to blow it up and get assets? Get real.