What's new

Jazz are soft.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Conley is small at the 1.
Royce, Joe and Bojan are all really 3s. Royce and Ingles are a bit small at the 4 some nights.
Ed Davis is wiry and active, but not really a rim defender. At least Bradley is a space eater.
Jeff Green is not a committed defender, despite his size and athleticism.
Mudiay isn't committed to defense either. He has the size to switch defensively, but he's slow on many switches, leaving gaps.
Georges Niang is not athletic by NBA standards.

Without Favors, Crowder and Rubio the Jazz have lost some size, energy and defensive tenacity. They're not able to clamp down and get stops consistently.

charmin-ultra-soft-potty-training-with-charmin-bears-large-1.jpg

Its mostly effort, we are getting smashed in transition. Todays performance was pathetic.

We got smashed in transition because our offense couldn't execute against their long defenders. The Lakers scored bundles off of Jazz turnovers.

We got smashed in transition because our offense couldn't execute against their long defenders. The Lakers scored bundles off of Jazz turnovers.

Yeah our terrible offence is definitely contributing, I don't think it is a length issue tho, its more about intensity. We matched the Bucks pretty well, I think the team as a whole lacks fight, once we start getting on the wrong end of some runs they just drop their collective bundle.

Let me just say, I though Brantley looked great out there in his 3 minutes. He has a real physical presence defensively, and he moves great for a guy with his length and strength. He gets in a good stance and defends positionally.

I feel like we're an angry losing boxer, who due to his anger, just swings wildly hoping anything would connect, rather than taking a step back, reevaluating and starting combinations off, with a few jabs.

Having expectations is rough.

In hindsight, this is all starting to make some sense and that's not good.

Time for a players only meeting. Problem is we don't have a true leader who fights for the team and not just himself.

The Jazz need a big, athletic, mean mofo who really rebounds, defends and intimidates people a bit. Like the artist formerly known as Ron Artest. Then you can play Conley, Mitchell, Bojan and Gobert at the other 4 spots.

I would make Mitchell the starter at the 1 and make Conley the backup. I would move Mudiay, and bring in JWF as the 3rd PG.

PG rotation: Mitchell/Conley/JWF

Mudiay doesn't shoot 3s and doesn't defend consistently. I don't see how he can be an NBA PG. He's not much of a playmaker either.

Last edited:
Soft, and concentration on the defensive end. How many plays did we give up on opposing players simply cutting to the bucket. Then you look at our players all standing like they've been caught red handed not wearing any underpants, staring at each other and remonstrating.

"The Jazz need a big, athletic, mean mofo who really rebounds, defends and intimidates people a bit. Like the artist formerly known as Ron Artest. Then you can play Conley, Mitchell, Bojan and Gobert at the other 4 spots."

This, and we had one. His name was Derrick Favors. It is astonishing to me how much worse our team is without him. Without him Ingles looks completely lost. Without him Gobert is asked to do too much. The decision to swap him for Conley (I know that wasn't the trade, but in essence, that's what we got instead), is proving absolutely disastrous. We are lottery bound.

"The Jazz need a big, athletic, mean mofo who really rebounds, defends and intimidates people a bit. Like the artist formerly known as Ron Artest. Then you can play Conley, Mitchell, Bojan and Gobert at the other 4 spots."

This, and we had one. His name was Derrick Favors. It is astonishing to me how much worse our team is without him. Without him Ingles looks completely lost. Without him Gobert is asked to do too much. The decision to swap him for Conley (I know that wasn't the trade, but in essence, that's what we got instead), is proving absolutely disastrous. We are lottery bound.

We're not lottery bound. We could be the 5th seed again and have a tough playoffs though.