What's new

Jazz Bear

I love Jazz Bear threads....if I could give you multiple rep, I would. It's shame that this thread has not gotten more of a response. Jazz fans, you should be ashamed!!!!!

**** man, what a phenomenal video!!! Thank you.

It has gone on record that Bear gets ungodly amounts of Ladycub ****.

Last edited:
What a class act. Thanks for posting.

And yes, that list of injuries is pretty mind-blowing.

Sweet video. Was very surprised at the list of injuries and the fact that he is still the Bear. Tough dude who loves what he does.

I wonder what kind of cash he is making. There seems to be a lot of community events that he attends as well. I'd guess around $70,000 based on the years he has put in.

He's been with the team for 16 seasons now, and for many games, he was the only entertaining part of it. Bear is still crazy after all these years.

Last edited:
I wonder what kind of cash he is making. There seems to be a lot of community events that he attends as well. I'd guess around $70,000 based on the years he has put in.

Less than 1/100th of the top player's salaries? I have a feeling he makes quite a bit more than you're guessing, but he's still probably a bargain relative to the other talent on court.

I googled it before I pulled that number out of my ***, and while there weren't specifics, it did supply the starting baseline salary of $40-45 k. So I figured with the years and the fact that he is based in SLC we could knock him up to the $70,000 range by now. Who knows though, he seems to be considered one of the better mascots in any sports so maybe there is a premium for that as well. I'm sure it's in that ballpark though.

I googled it before I pulled that number out of my ***, and while there weren't specifics, it did supply the starting baseline salary of $40-45 k. So I figured with the years and the fact that he is based in SLC we could knock him up to the $70,000 range by now. Who knows though, he seems to be considered one of the better mascots in any sports so maybe there is a premium for that as well. I'm sure it's in that ballpark though.

Im sure it is. Im an out of town Jazz fan and I love Bear. He was one of the great things to see when I saw a game in SLC a few years back. Dude just kills it every time.

The bear was in a small town in Southern Utah and he grabbed my wifes' head and put a bear kiss on top of her head. When my kids came back home to me they had to tell me he put the moves on my Wife so I have a beef with him! I did get his autograph! I still have the autograph.