What's new

Jazz better make it this 1st round pick and Mitotic!

Age don’t matter... he’s not wrong.
We were still on the outside looking in when the Bulls were trading Mirotic though... No way DL gives up a lottery pick for him. Same goes for Tyreke Evans. Even though in retrospect either one of them would help us against the Rockets.

We were still on the outside looking in when the Bulls were trading Mirotic though... No way DL gives up a lottery pick for him. Same goes for Tyreke Evans. Even though in retrospect either one of them would help us against the Rockets.
I think Jazz were somewhere in the 8-10 range, having just played the toughest December schedule, with Gobert coming back. It was a pretty easy assumption to think jazz would be in the 11-14 range - at worst - even by standing pat. Add Mirotic and that projection changes to 13-14 or playoffs. There is NO ONE at 13-14 who would be as impactful as Mirotic. Lindsey played chicken, believing Chicago would eventually have to settle for a 2nd-round pick. And he lost because of the Cousins injury.

What really hurts is NO was also able to dump a salary. Could Lindsey have been able to do the same? Top-5 protect the pick like NO did and send Chicago Burks? I think DL must have believed Mirotic was really not the answer at the 4. Let's hope he has something else up his sleeve, or Quin is able to do with Crowder what he did with Carroll. If Crowder can hit the corner 3 and not launch up his wild shots, then DL can bring in another scorer and the Jazz are in business.

Another consideration is Lindsey will have plenty of ammo at the deadline next Feb if trades or FA acquisitions don't make sense this summer. In fact, I predict that very well could happen. He may want to see how much guys like Royce, Jae and Dante improve. Then he'd have expirings of Burks, Thabo, Jerebko and Udoh, plus Bradley, this year's first and next year's first as young prospects/assets to dangle. You know some teams are going to want to unload some good vets to position themselves for the 2019 free agent crop.

Of course DL wouldnt give a lottery pick...... he didn’t have one to give