What's new

Jazz/Boston Trade Suggestion

I see a lot of trade suggestions where the Jazz either overpay to move up or expect too little in return to move down so here is what I would propose. . .

The Jazz trade #5 and #23 to Boston for # 6 and #17. That is fair value and ensures we get two very solid prospects like Randle, Vonleh, Smart, or Gordon with #6 and someone like Early, Payne, Warren, Anderson, or Payton with #17.

Decent suggestion if Boston really fell in love with a player and thought the Jazz were going to draft him AND if the Jazz had a couple of players rated fairly equal (like Vonleh/Gordon). The next step might be seeing if the #17 and #35 could get Utah a little higher.

But I wouldn't do the deal until the first 4 picks are made. There could be a surprise and someone we thought wouldn't be available is suddenly right there at #5.

If Lavine was there at 17, I'd say do it. But he will probably go late lottery. Early and Payne, Anderson, and Warren have all shown up as available 23 in mocks post combine. The mid-late first round picks are hard to mock this year, granted. But, why should we give up the #5 which could be Exum if ORL decides they like Smart best?

In short, I would do that trade only if it meant sure things for Aaron Gordon and Zach Lavine.