What's new

Jazz can go W 7-L3 next 10 games and their in the race and almost healthy

tleikheen

A healthy frontline of Gobert,Favors,and Hayward can match up with any team.While Favors was injured ,Lyles showed he will become a valuable member to the front court with his passing and shooting ability in 3pter's.
Hood has stepped up ,capable of putting up 20 pts every night with Alec Burks getting closer to being healthy.When Burks gets healthy,I think you'll see a lot of Burks,Hood,Hayward,Favors,Gobert closing out games.
These guys are definitely good enough to get back into the playoffs and compete the rest of the year.
Also think the bench guys Lyles,Burke,Neto,Booker and Ingles is set.
No to any other PG additions.......I think Exum/Neto are the PG 's for the Jazz for next year.

I hope you're right! The spreads are giving Utah more respect these days. Which is a damn good sign.

4pt favorites vs the 3rd team in the vaunted eastern conference tonight!! Lets see if Neto can keep that momentum from last game rolling

Would really be great to see some beatdowns, while the teams getting healthy.

7-3 might be a little too optimistic. I think that the focus needs to be going 4-2 over the next six games, putting them at a 24-27 record heading into the All Star break and the trade deadline.

If the core group of Gobert, Favors, Hayward and Hood can stay healthy and finish games, then the Jazz could go on a nice run to finish out the season. Getting Burks back healthy would be a big plus, as would adding a player at the trade deadline that can help for the stretch run (Teague, Lin, etc.) Getting any sort of contribution from Withey, Lyles, Jingles, Neto or Burke will only help to solidify the playoff rotation and help them develop for the future.

I really think they need to head into the break on a strong note. Momentum can be a powerful thing for a group of young players. The goal (IMO) should still be getting to 42+ wins. The defense has looked more like its old self lately and the offense is better than last year. Hopefully, that means that there's a solid finish to the season in their future.

Injuries were indeed darn party poopers this season. Healthy Jazz roster can do surprisingly exciting things in the playoffs. Mark my words. "Mark! My words! Fetch'em."

4pt favorites vs the 3rd team in the vaunted eastern conference tonight!! Lets see if Neto can keep that momentum from last game rolling

Bulls are in a borderline free fall - lost 8 or the last 12 and playing their 3rd game in 4 nights on the road.

Jazz should be expecting to win games like this going forward.

Injuries were indeed darn party poopers this season. Healthy Jazz roster can do surprisingly exciting things in the playoffs. Mark my words. "Mark! My words! Fetch'em."

Not much exciting things will happen in the playoffs with a 8 seed and probably not a 7 and 6 is probably out of reach...

Not much exciting things will happen in the playoffs with a 8 seed and probably not a 7 and 6 is probably out of reach...

Dunno how "out of reach" the 6th or even the 5th seeds are. It isn't likely, but a post-AS-break run like last year could do it. We're only 5 losses back from Memphis.

JazzFever; I have placed the healthy Jazz into the 6th seed and a championship Rockets-like. Well it was dreaming of course and the injuries made sure that would not happen. Can anyone beat the Warriors in a 7 game series? Only teams like the Jazz can do so. Because defense and hustle can work wonders, break the most talented ones' balance and rhythm. I believe in the rebuilding of the Jazz. I just don't understand so many injuries. Staff? Practice? Too much excitement? Jinx?

The goal (IMO) should still be getting to 42+ wins.

Going W 21 - L 15 to finish out the season is not unreasonable for this group at all.With a healthy Gobert,Favors their shouldn't be any sustained losing streak,actually the opposite should happen.Like 3/4 game winning streaks instead.Having another rebounder (Lyles)that can get 7 to 10 rebounds occasionally will really help.
If Hood can help be an end of the game scorer to take pressure off of Hayward than teams can't pack the paint and try bullying the Jazz in the 4th quarter.Bullying the Jazz in the 4th quarter has got to become a strategy that doesn't work anymore and the Jazz might even win a couple more games than 42.

Hate to be a realistic (or even pessimistic) but we're only winning above 40% of our games currently so you can guess how many games I'd say we're going to win.