What's new

Jazz cancelled my family's season tickets after 36 years.

PHP49BF0F5462931.jpg

Well, would you look at that. Vermin is right. Drought solved. I also fixed a terrible pinging sound in my engine by turning the radio up. And all this time I thought that investigating the evidence related to the problem at hand was the more productive way to go... like, for instance, comparing two photos taken at different times from the same vantage point.

Thanks, did the trick. Also thank you for taking such concern over our water issues.

Btw, Las Vegas uses reclaimed waste water so always drink bottled water while visiting unless you like to drink pee. 40 percent of our water usage is reclaimed.

I don't have a problem with drinking reclaimed waste water.

Lol. What's weird is throwing up three photos, two with the same vantage point in different lapses of time and the third a tadpoles habitat. My only point is that not all of lake mead looks like echo bay. I am sure you could find a photo of some hotties sunbathing and create a whole other depiction.

PHP4C6395A5B5F38.jpg

^Why is this weird?

Sirkicky,

Thank you for the updated post. We did not receive a call from your uncle today. Please ask him to contact Tobie directly at (801) 563-4179 so that we can address your family’s season ticket concerns.

I just sent him a text about it.

Update: One of my uncles is meeting with Greg Miller at 9 AM tomorrow morning. The contact info provided was legit. Thanks to everyone who reached out to team contacts and/or tweeted about this issue.

This, of course, will be the gold standard example going forward when people wonder if the team reads these boards.

Update: One of my uncles is meeting with Greg Miller at 9 AM tomorrow morning. The contact info provided was legit. Thanks to everyone who reached out to team contacts and/or tweeted about this issue.

This, of course, will be the gold standard example going forward when people wonder if the team reads these boards.

I'm interested to see how this plays out. Greg gets a lot of crap just by being the son that took over for Larry. It is a tough position to be in, and as an outsider I am at least happy with the direction the Jazz appear to be moving in... The company is also growing very fast, and it is impossible for Greg to have the "guest services" his father was able to for many years. But reaching out on issues like this is a big plus in my book. Hopefully he takes good care of your family Kicky.

WOW! Great job Greg.

Also, great job Jazzfanz message board contributors.

Now we know why Corbin got the boot :p

I'm a few years on the wrong side of 30. I can promise you that if I had any hair left, I would gel the hell out of it.

Very cool. Do you think it would help if we all showed up at 9 AM?

Lol.

Greg being rich does not preclude him from being shrewd in business and basketball decisions. Those who are claiming that he was spoiled by the silver spoon are ridiculous. Greg is pointing this team in the right direction through trusting those who have the ability to make sound basketball decisions like Dennis and zanick. In many ways, what Greg is doing is better for the success of the team than what larry did. And larry was an awesome owner. One of the best ever.

Good for him. It's unfortunate that it had to take a lot of noise for it to happen, but it's still a step in the right direction.

Someone above said that it is impossible for someone to have Guest Service within such a big, growing company...that's an incredibly sad outlook on the business world. No company, regardless of how big it is, is bigger than the people that make them go round. No company is above taking a little time out of their day, however high ranking the official is, to make the Guest feel heard or valued.

I've spent a bit of time in my life working for the Walt Disney Company in various roles. In that time, I have had sit down conversations, whether they be in small groups, Q&A forums, or one on one, with the likes of John Lasseter, Ed Greer, Marty Sklar, John Storbeck, Kathleen Kennedy, and much more. These are all incredibly busy, high ranking people within one of the largest companies in the world. They have a million things to do a day and, although it took some time to fit me in, they took the time out of their days to answer my questions and let me know that they appreciate me as both a Cast Member AND a Guest. These are moments that I will carry with me until the end of time. These people understand, appreciate, and embrace the impact of every person that walks through their gates, goes to their movies, turns on ESPN or ABC, buys a set of Mickey ears, etc. That's the Guest Service that we deserve. If a company that employs close a million people throughout the world can do this, then Greg can assuredly stay to to Larry's vision and do the same for his Guests, whether it be fans of the Jazz, someone interested in buying a car, someone seeing a movie, or buying a hat at Fanzz. No corporation is so big that it is "impossible" to maintain Guest Service.

Very happy to hear about this, good sir! Impressive that G.M. would reach out like this. Seems to be somewhat of a straight shooter.