What's new

Jazz Can't Close Out Games For ****.

But we're like 7-0 now in moral victories. If they decide to have a moral playoff at the end of the season, we'd be first seed!

The Jazz scored very well down the stretch. They lost because of a b/s no-call on Hayward that led to a wide open Spurs 3, and a crazy fluke contested Tony Parker 3.

The Jazz scored very well down the stretch. They lost because of a b/s no-call on Hayward that led to a wide open Spurs 3, and a crazy fluke contested Tony Parker 3.

That **** isn't a fluke. Great teams consistently have "flukes" and win close games. It's what elite teams do. Jazz better start to learn how to fluke.

Jazz have already closed out close games against teams they're seeded next to.

Jazz have already closed out close games against teams they're seeded next to.

True. Let's just hope when they take the next step they close out against the real top teams in close games.

That **** isn't a fluke. Great teams consistently have "flukes" and win close games. It's what elite teams do. Jazz better start to learn how to fluke.

Tony Parker hitting a well-contested 3 over Gobert isn't a fluke? Really?

What more could the Jazz have done that possession, exactly?

Tony Parker hitting a well-contested 3 over Gobert isn't a fluke? Really?

What more could the Jazz have done that possession, exactly?

Nothing, Parker is a world champion and hit the tough shot and our player didn't hit his tough shot. Spurs win.

Nothing, Parker is a world champion and hit the tough shot and our player didn't hit his tough shot. Spurs win.

he's done it before. Parker hit an incredible shot in the Ray Allen game before the Heat stole it at the end.

Someone said the Spurs have 8 players with over 10 years of NBA experience.

We're the 2nd youngest team in the NBA. We'll be okay.

There's a reason why the Spurs and Warriors are the two best teams. They know how to win close games and make big shots at the end of games. Call it lucky, call it a fluke, whatever...I call it "knowing how to win". Hopefully, one day we learn how as well...

Close games that come down to one shot tend to be luck. Great teams are inconsistent as well in those situations. Lebron's teams have been the best one year and one of the worst the next year in close games. Jazz hit big shots in close game and make some big stops but it has been an unlucky year. We are a .500 team though and have a lot of close games. Elite teams dont have as many close games, they win earlier and dont let it come down to a last second shot nearly as often.

Close games that come down to one shot tend to be luck. Great teams are inconsistent as well in those situations. Lebron's teams have been the best one year and one of the worst the next year in close games. Jazz hit big shots in close game and make some big stops but it has been an unlucky year. We are a .500 team though and have a lot of close games. Elite teams dont have as many close games, they win earlier and dont let it come down to a last second shot nearly as often.

This game came down to a series of tough shots and heady defensive plays. The jazz played great. But the spurs, like the warriors, are one of the best teams in the history of the game.

I bet 9 out of 10 of us bet that Jazz wouldn't have anyone who could make the game winning shot.

I think it's because we're use to seeing Hayward become a 50% FT shooter in the 4th quarter and so many last minute turnovers.Favors looks like most of his best quarters are the 1st three quarters.Rarely dominating the 4th quarter.Hood hasn't had a winning shot yet .
To me this would be Exums time to create a good shot for Hayward or Hood,Jazz don't have the PG til Exum comes back to create a good opportunity for the game winner.

I bet 9 out of 10 of us bet that Jazz wouldn't have anyone who could make the game winning shot.

I think it's because we're use to seeing Hayward become a 50% FT shooter in the 4th quarter and so many last minute turnovers.Favors looks like most of his best quarters are the 1st three quarters.Rarely dominating the 4th quarter.Hood hasn't had a winning shot yet .
To me this would be Exums time to create a good shot for Hayward or Hood,Jazz don't have the PG til Exum comes back to create a good opportunity for the game winner.

Hood sent a game to OT in the Dallas arena at the buzzer in what now could be the biggest game of the season.

Hood sent a game to OT in the Dallas arena at the buzzer in what now could be the biggest game of the season.

Which is a good sign. I'm starting believe he is that type of player who has "it", which what this thread is really about. Yes you need experience to learn how to execute calmly under pressure in tight games, but every championship team has had players that have the "it" factor is close, big games that push them to that level.

...but every championship team has had players that have the "it" factor is close, big games that push them to that level.
True Story: Ian ****ING Clark didn't have "it" when he played for the Jazz last season...Now that he plays with superhuman players on Golden State he suddenly obtained "it" through osmosis.

Guess you're right as well. It's encouraging the Jazz are in a lot of games down to the last second against top teams. So the next step is curb stomping the likes of San Antonio so the Jazz aren't forced into hitting late game shots.

Last edited by a moderator: