What's new

Jazz claim Erik Murphy off waivers (and waive Biedrins)

Primetime

The Utah Jazz claimed forward Erik Murphy on waivers Saturday, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Chicago Bulls released Murphy on Thursday, choosing to use his roster spot for a perimeter player to bolster the Bulls for a playoff run.

Murphy, a 6-foot-10 rookie out of the University of Florida, was the 49th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/jazz-claim-erik-murphy-off-waivers-212052194.html

Don't no much about this dude and don't think that he will get much PT. Let's see how much time he will get on the floor.

Edit: In order to be able to sign Murphy we did waive Biedrins. via @WojYahooNBA

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/452560484160778241

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like we're shutting down Kanter and favors. Tank on!... I wish

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I really liked this guy in the draft as a stretch 4. I thought we should have taken him instead of Neto. He's definitely worth a look.

I really liked this guy in the draft as a stretch 4. I thought we should have taken him instead of Neto. He's definitely worth a look.

Now we got both.

They can entertain each other on the bench next year.

Vetzz!

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Excellent 3 Point Shooter = Stretch 4

Here's a quick look at the Chicago Bulls' second-round selection (49th overall) in Thursday's NBA draft, Florida forward Erik Murphy: The numbers: 6-foot-10, 240 pounds. Reach: 9'-0". Wingspan: 6'-11" Strengths: An excellent three-point shooter, Murphy moves well for a big man as well. Weaknesses: Not a strong defender and Murphy only averaged 5.5 rebounds a game at Florida. What it means: After drafting a shooter in the first round with Tony Snell, the Bulls found another guy who can dial it up from long distance in Murphy. He connected on 45.3 percent of his three-pointers, shot 51.6 percent from the floor overall and averaged 12.5 points a game. Comparisons to the Spurs' Matt Bonner have been used to describe Murphy, and if he can prove to be a reliable shooter, he might eventually find a spot in the Bulls' rotation.

Well…he's a stretch PF. He can shoot, can't defend much, slow, definitely not athletic. He can definitely shoot though.

Wish they would have waived Beans a long time ago. It's encouraging to see that they're willing to eat the rest of that contract just to get another young guy and take an extended look at him. I'm fine with the move and hope that he shows as much potential as Ian Clark has in limited minutes. Jazz are going to have a young bench next year.

I always like when we make moves and get new players! He won't play much... especially cause our other guys don't play. Interesting that we have 4 rookies now and that they will see them in practice now. I'll be honest though I'll Biedrins.

A reaction from another Utah Jazz site. [h=2]Murphy is our Bonner[/h]All winners need a Matt Bonner. They had almost identical college stats.
Now all we need is a Tim Duncan and Tony Parker…..and a Pop.

Made me laugh.

I like it. Bieds wasn't doing anything for us. Nice no risk mid reward pick up.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Two thoughts:

Biedrens is the freaking man. My role model. Dude made. $200,000 a minute. He made $12,000,000 a freaking hour.

Lol.

2nd: the tank is on next year. Here is your backup PF. Our PF/C positions are now set:

Favors/this guy/Evans
Kanter/Gobert

If this is correct, we just got a lot worse.