What's new

Jazz clinch playoff spot

[TWEET]846403779465543680[/TWEET]
https://twitter.com/AndrewDBailey/status/846403779465543680

It's insane Quin benches Exum and lets Burks play over him. Should be the other way around. Has to be 100% to keep his trade value afloat.
We posted a good net rating for the month of February. The net rating has dropped this month but that is not on his shoulders alone. Burks might never fit in but I still like him and think we can make it work but he needs to change or the coaches need to handle him different. He will probably be a better fit on another team though. He does seem to play better with Exum than anyone else.

I'd try to package Burks and one of our 1sts to move up some. Maybe our pick (25?) and Burks to move up to 20? Then we draft at 20 and 30. Offing him saves us about 10M, thus making retaining Hayward, and others (notably Hill and Ingles) should the prices be right, more palatable.

Hill (at right price)-Exum-Neto-other 1st maybe
Hood-1st (lights out shooter needed imo)
Hayward-Ingles
Favors-JJ-Lyles-Bolomboy
Gobert-Withey-other 1st maybe

I'd try to package Burks and one of our 1sts to move up some. Maybe our pick (25?) and Burks to move up to 20? Then we draft at 20 and 30. Offing him saves us about 10M, thus making retaining Hayward, and others (notably Hill and Ingles) should the prices be right, more palatable.

Hill (at right price)-Exum-Neto-other 1st maybe
Hood-1st (lights out shooter needed imo)
Hayward-Ingles
Favors-JJ-Lyles-Bolomboy
Gobert-Withey-other 1st maybe

Very good chance that Withey is gone. Free agent and will likely move on.

I think Mack/Neto, Withey, Burks, Diaw and Favors are all likely candidates to not be on the team next season.

Very good chance that Withey is gone. Free agent and will likely move on.

I think Mack/Neto, Withey, Burks, Diaw and Favors are all likely candidates to not be on the team next season.

For me...

For sure: Diaw, Mack
Probable: Withey
Maybe: Burks
Not likely but possible: Favors. Neto

3845924c9bb7eae838922b77913366fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

For me...

For sure: Diaw, Mack
Probable: Withey
Maybe: Burks
Not likely but possible: Favors. Neto

I would add Hill and Inlges to either probable or maybe since they might go for more money than we can spend. Although I would be bummed to see Inlges leave. He is one of the rare players that might stick around even for less because he likes it here. Or maybe the Jazz will pony up for him or we/me are all overestimating the interest other teams will have in him.

I'm still holding out hope that we trade Burks+picks for Bledsoe.

So you're hoping for Burks and our first rounders, and obviously let Hill walk? Is this better than resigning Hill? I mean that's obviously dependent on the $ figure.

I guess Bledsoe's $ figure isn't terrible, only 5-6 more a year than Burks. And it allows Exum to develop for a few more years but if not, I guess use whatever other firsts you have remaining on another PG prospect..

That's not a bad scenario at all. Would Phoenix do it? If that was possible why wouldn't the Jazz have done it at the deadline?

EDIT: Thinking about it, I think Phoenix would get a much better offer. Think about Hill's value as a #12 pick. 2 LATE first round picks don't even hold that value and Alec's value is probably at all time low.

Last edited:
I would add Hill and Inlges to either probable or maybe since they might go for more money than we can spend. Although I would be bummed to see Inlges leave. He is one of the rare players that might stick around even for less because he likes it here. Or maybe the Jazz will pony up for him or we/me are all overestimating the interest other teams will have in him.

True.. I'd probably stick them both in maybe rather than probable though. I think there is definitely mutual interest to stay as Jazzmen.