What's new

Jazz could be scary good in the years to come

Jbradshaw

So say this season we completely suck and do not make the playoffs. Next year the jazz will have GSW pick plus our own. Favors is Dwight Howard lite. Millsap and Jefferson are not disappointing ball players. Kanter could be great in the next 2-3 years. Hayward is only starting to get better and got all kinds of compliments from mr kobe bryant. Burks is being compared to brandon roy. Plus two potential all-stars or rotation impact players who will for sure help the team out from the draft. Folks I understand that each player must evolve into their potential and become what they can become but if that happens we could be scary good. Maybe possibly the best team the Utah Jazz have ever had.

We don't need any more stars on this team. Those are in place we need good players that no their roles guys that will do the dirty work, in a support role to are studs. The p players we have now don't need to be looking over their shoulders. They need to worry about coming together as a team and well oiled machine on both ends of the court. We should be happy with the GS pick. Their is no reason to lose on purpose.

You don't lose on purpose. But if you look at your team and compare it to the best teams in the league. And you realize it won't win a championship then you should play your cards right. Not to mention that it isn't going to help to bury your high draft picks on the bench.

For a small market team like the jazz the only way you get players that can win a championship is through the draft. That's a fact. Not a theory.

The jazz need to move the older guys for draft picks if we can. If they can't then ya just keep them. Don't trade for another crappy old dude.

There is no point in being mediocre. Either be really bad or be legit. Hasn't the history of the jazz taught anyone anything?

Having said all that. There is a chance we may already have our stars waiting.

I can assure everybody that al Jefferson is not going to lead anyone to a championship. No matter how many 20 and 10's he gets. We might as well try to get something for him while we have him

Possibly the most mind blowing analysis I've ever seen. Definately deserves its own thread.

I am sure Portland felt the same way and look what happened to them. I am excited about the young core but you need a little luck and you need your players to improve and play as a team. I think the Jazz are going to be better than people think they will be so I would be surprised if we keep our own pick. The key will for the Jazz to get off to a great start and to build confidence because the end of the schedule is brutal.

Why wait til next year to dominate?

Favors = D12 & Shaq
Kanter = Marc Gasol
Alec Burks = Jordan
Hayward = Larry Bird
Harris = Oscar Robertson

No reason why the Jazz shouldn't sweep the Heat for the 'ship, conservatively.

Why wait til next year to dominate?

Favors = D12 & Shaq
Kanter = Marc Gasol
Alec Burks = Jordan
Hayward = Larry Bird
Harris = Oscar Robertson

No reason why the Jazz shouldn't sweep the Heat for the 'ship, conservatively.

Wait, wut?
Harris is not = Oscar Robertson.
Maybe Pistol Pete, or Gary Payton, but not Oscar.

So say this season we completely suck and do not make the playoffs. Next year the jazz will have GSW pick plus our own. Favors is Dwight Howard lite. Millsap and Jefferson are not disappointing ball players. Kanter could be great in the next 2-3 years. Hayward is only starting to get better and got all kinds of compliments from mr kobe bryant. Burks is being compared to brandon roy. Plus two potential all-stars or rotation impact players who will for sure help the team out from the draft. Folks I understand that each player must evolve into their potential and become what they can become but if that happens we could be scary good. Maybe possibly the best team the Utah Jazz have ever had.

If Jazz don't make the play off this season, I don't care how great of a players; Millsap, Harris, or Jefferson are. You don't add to them, you straight up trade them for the best draft picks possible. In all honesty though, I don't see how the Jazz won't make the playoff!

Hey how about this future starting 5

Burks
Hayward
Gilchrist (gs pick) I hope
Favors
Kanter

That has championship written all over it

I would love to pick up Gilchrist in the draft. Loads of talent, a great personality and good work ethic from everything I have read. At a position of need no less. However I do not see Burks handling more then a few minutes a game at the PG position. I'd rather we get a pass first point guard that can serve as another glue guy (I see Hayward as one potentially)