What's new

Jazz draft Taylor Hendricks at 9

Even so. Markkanen was a much higher profiled player coming into college. There’s a good chance it would’ve been tough for Hendricks to pick up a lot of minutes on that Arizona team. Markkanen is/was more skilled.
I know where you stand. No need to keep repeating yourselve. I thought maybe I could provide you a bunch of data to show that Hendricks might become better than you think but I see now that was a waste of time.

Weren’t you high on Jarace? He played in the same conference as Hendricks yet Hendricks numbers blow his out of the water.
Well that's just because of the coaches or the teammates or whatever. There is simply no way that Hendricks is better or even as good as anyone you bring up.

Summer League hasn't even started but if you take a look at the top 9 picks in the lottery there is an alarming amount of non-shooters. I am just going off of the pre-draft commentary that I have read. I decided to put a 1 - 5 ranking for shooting capability. Geeks, feel free to add stats to rip this up or back it up.

Ranking System:
1 Excellent Shooter
2 Solid shooter
3 mediocre shooter
4 Project Shooter
5 Shot Broken

Wemby - 2/3
Miller - 1/2
Scoot - 3/4
Amen - 5
Ausar - 4/5
Black - 4/5
Bilal - 4/5
Walker - 2
Hendricks - 1/2

Most of these guys look to be able to play defense. I do think many of these guys will average decent ppg stats. But shooting percentage is such a big deal long and short term and this draft is void of it at the top.

Based on opportunity and shooting ability we may have a steal in Hendricks.
Ya and despite the fact that Hendricks didn't get a lot of touches or have high usage he averaged more points than almost everyone in that list. Impressive

I know where you stand. No need to keep repeating yourselve. I thought maybe I could provide you a bunch of data to show that Hendricks might become better than you think but I see now that was a waste of time.
So if I think someone else is better it means I’m a hater? Fact is he doesn’t do well hunting his own shot. He is a hell of a catch and shoot player. Nothing wrong with that. I just wish we could’ve taken Cam and drafted him 16th, hell if we would’ve taken cam 16. I’d be thrilled over the moon about both picks.

So if I think someone else is better it means I’m a hater? Fact is he doesn’t do well hunting his own shot. He is a hell of a catch and shoot player. Nothing wrong with that. I just wish we could’ve taken Cam and drafted him 16th, hell if we would’ve taken cam 16. I’d be thrilled over the moon about both picks.

Hendricks wasn’t making it past 10.

If Hendricks really is this hyper athlete some people seem to think he is, he's going to best played with THT. THT throws lobs better than anyone on the team.
You know, I was thinking about how this team is built for a heliocentric offense and it crossed my mind that THT AND Sexton might ball out cuz we basically need them to. I'm not convinced THT is anything but an on-ball player and that's what we need.

You acting like Hendricks had some big responsibility to carry his team. He didn't. As many have said when watching his games there was a ton of possessions when he didn't touch the ball. That is literally what the criticisms of him are all about. That his usage was too low in college. If he were on Arizona his role would have been the same. Only difference is better teammates and coaching and more open looks. Lauri had the same role at Arizona. Make threes and dunks and don't get very many touches or do much with the ball in hand. His role would have been similar at ucf most likely. They played the same role and put up the same numbers.
I don't know why you are so against this fact. It's a good thing. You just seen really anti anything they makes Hendricks looks better than how you already view him in your mind for some weird reason.
Would look much less like a hater if when I do the research to post all their stats and they are exactly the same you respond with something like "wow, I didn't realize their stats were so similar. That gives me hope that Hendricks can evolve into an all star". Instead of" well Lauri would have been way better at ucf and Lauri was just a much better prospect. If Hendricks played for Arizona he wouldn't be as good but if Lauri were at ucf he would have been way better".

Lauri was drafted 7. Hendricks was drafted 9. Their stats on college were the same. Lauris is the way better prospect though. Kinda looks haterish.

Know matter how many times explain something you just don't get it. It's like you have dementia or something
Pretty funny since he's been one of Lauri's biggest haters on this board as well.

Please stop trying to comp this dude to Lauri.

Hendricks might be what people thought Lauri was prior to him actually be used properly, but Hendricks doesn't have that kind of ability and should probably be used the way Lauri was used on a team like the Cavs.

I agree, Lauri was much more offensively polished even before college, coming from Europe. If Hendricks ever gets to that level of offensive play, he will be a superstar in the league.

Please stop trying to comp this dude to Lauri.

Hendricks might be what people thought Lauri was prior to him actually be used properly, but Hendricks doesn't have that kind of ability and should probably be used the way Lauri was used on a team like the Cavs.
Good to see you making the comp to Lauri as well.

What if we compared Hendricks to Favors with a 3 point shot? Jazz D with Gobert and Favors was amazing. Much more upside on offense with Kessler and Hendicks.

I agree, Lauri was much more offensively polished even before college, coming from Europe. If Hendricks ever gets to that level of offensive play, he will be a superstar in the league.

Lauri might become a new trendy player that draws a lot of comparisons. It was Draymond, Mitchell etc. before. Seems like a lot of the combo guards this year were compared to Shai. Everyone likes to make a comparison to the new star.

While I understand why that comparison is made....Lauri is so unique, especially his offense. Is there really anyone in the NBA that compares to him? If you could combine the strengths of MPJ and John Collins you have Lauri, but truthfully he's one of a kind and I think it's dangerous to make a comparison to a one of a kind player.