What's new

Jazz draft Taylor Hendricks at 9

I felt like our passing was pretty good last year. KO likely is a starter if he comes back and he’s a great passer.

Our starting lineup is likely going to be:

Sexton
Ochai
Lauri
KO
Kessler

With Hendricks, Keyonte and THT as our main guys off the bench. I could also see us signing or trading for someone significant that could change this.

Don't get me wrong, that lineup is really freaking good with Luka....but are we really going to say that having 4 non-ball handlers isn't a bad thing?
We shouldn’t assume that is the lineup. We also should t assume this thing is built. Also one lineup does not a team make. We need some on ball creators/passers but building without that guy is not something I think is a bad thing. Allows each guy to grow a little and guys we tremendous offball value are sometimes as valuable or hard to find as guys with good on all value.

Also the smart ones know Ochai is mid… you bet your *** DA and Hardy know it too… fine placeholder until something better comes along.

Ochai is the problem here. Also, if you can't see that the problem is with the fit and not the player ability you're an idiot.
Good lord you are weird. How is having a really good spot up shooter and cutter a problem? Defensively that lineup would be great and offensively you have floor spacers, lob threats, cutters, screener bigs and a guy in Lauri that is a matchup nightmare for anyone. Add in Sexton or THT who can attack off the dribble and break the paint and you have a really strong lineup.

I agree with you regarding both Hendricks and George. But that doesn’t mean it’s still isn’t just a silly opinion, and probably entirely unfair to Hendricks.

If we're being unfair to Hendricks it's because you can still be a really, really good player without being a ball handler. We have Lauri freaking Markkanen on this team and he does not handle the ball. But I don't think it's unfair to question the ball in hand skillset of Hendricks. We saw almost zero of it at UCF, and when he does dribble he's not exactly smooth with it.

I felt like our passing was pretty good last year. KO likely is a starter if he comes back and he’s a great passer.

Our starting lineup is likely going to be:

Sexton
Ochai
Lauri
KO
Kessler

With Hendricks, Keyonte and THT as our main guys off the bench. I could also see us signing or trading for someone significant that could change this.
This… I think you want to separate Key and Sexton for now. KO can do some point forward stuff for now… Sexton brings some onball juice and gets his chance to start. Ain’t worried about demoting him later… dude is coachable AF.

We shouldn’t assume that is the lineup. We also should t assume this thing is built. Also one lineup does not a team make. We need some on ball creators/passers but building without that guy is not something I think is a bad thing. Allows each guy to grow a little and guys we tremendous offball value are sometimes as valuable or hard to find as guys with good on all value.

Also the smart ones know Ochai is mid… you bet your *** DA and Hardy know it too… fine placeholder until something better comes along.

I'm not assuming that's the lineup at all, but like I said Jazz twitter is really pushing this lineup. Not just for now, but as our lineup for the future. It's ok to not have "that guy" right now....but while these guys develop I think it makes way more sense to mix in other players.

It would be the same thing as gushing over this type of lineup:

Sexton
Clarkson
THT
Gay
KO

Like what are we doing here....there are some good players in that lineup but it is not a lineup that works.

I'm not assuming that's the lineup at all, but like I said Jazz twitter is really pushing this lineup. Not just for now, but as our lineup for the future. It's ok to not have "that guy" right now....but while these guys develop I think it makes way more sense to mix in other players.

Sexton
Clarkson
THT
Gay
KO

Like what are we doing here....there are some good players in that lineup but it is not a lineup that works.

That’s your problem. The majority of Jazz fans on Twitter with a big following aren’t the brightest.

Ochai’s #1 hater doing nasty work.
I’m leaning all teh way in!

Guis I don’t hate him… just don’t see enormous potential there and hope he leans into being 3 and D but gets real good attacking close outs

Good lord you are weird. How is having a really good spot up shooter and cutter a problem? Defensively that lineup would be great and offensively you have floor spacers, lob threats, cutters, screener bigs and a guy in Lauri that is a matchup nightmare for anyone. Add in Sexton or THT who can attack off the dribble and break the paint and you have a really strong lineup.

There's no need to shadowbox an argument that you made up yourself. Point is, if you have 4 guys who don't play with the ball in your hands the other guy has to be really, really freaking good to make it work. Any problems with that statement? Or do you want to shadowbox your made up argument instead lol.

Sexton
Clarkson
THT
Gay
KO

Yeah I’m not worried about Jazz Twitter. Even if that lineup starts there are 48 minutes and Hardy is smart AF. I trust him to find the right mix of players/lineups.

The upper, upper, upper end of the idea of what Key could be is a guy that can work real well in a lineup like that. Maybe Ochai has the Desmond Bane summer league glow up…

I could also see us getting Dejounte, Tyus Jones, Wright, or Morris etc to help with some of the on ball distribution stuff. They may give Dunn or THT a shot at it. I like Sexton because he can get in the paint and kick out… obviously not a pick and roll savant. I think we’ve got options and Jazz Twitter needs to see what the summer looks like before setting lineups.

I think the things to consider are the front court arrangements. I’m excited to see that Henny/Lauri/Kessler lineup just shut down the paint… also excited to see Lauri Henny 5 out ****. Like Sexton with shooters around him might be awesome.

Ya honestly with sexton in that lineup with all that space and lob threats and screeners etc he should find it easy to get into the paint and break down the defense and make simple passes/reads to shooters. His man cant stay in front of him and the other defenders cant leave their man to help. Sexton will feast.

This… I think you want to separate Key and Sexton for now. KO can do some point forward stuff for now… Sexton brings some onball juice and gets his chance to start. Ain’t worried about demoting him later… dude is coachable AF.
Wont have to demote him. Hardy gonna see how well it works with him starting and wonder why he wasn't starting all along.

Yeah I’m not worried about Jazz Twitter. Even if that lineup starts there are 48 minutes and Hardy is smart AF. I trust him to find the right mix of players/lineups.

The upper, upper, upper end of the idea of what Key could be is a guy that can work real well in a lineup like that. Maybe Ochai has the Desmond Bane summer league glow up…

I could also see us getting Dejounte, Tyus Jones, Wright, or Morris etc to help with some of the on ball distribution stuff. They may give Dunn or THT a shot at it. I like Sexton because he can get in the paint and kick out… obviously not a pick and roll savant. I think we’ve got options and Jazz Twitter needs to see what the summer looks like before setting lineups.

I think the things to consider are the front court arrangements. I’m excited to see that Henny/Lauri/Kessler lineup just shut down the paint… also excited to see Lauri Henny 5 out ****. Like Sexton with shooters around him might be awesome.

We do have really good support for a heliocentric offensive engine, just lacking the engine. If Sexton gets enough minutes he'll average 25 a game.