What's new

Jazz eyeing Al Harrington

And you all thought Boozer was a bad defender...Harrington hasn't played defense since he was traded from the Pacers 4 years ago.

If we didn't get the Boozer TPE then I would've believed this to be necessary to recover Boozer's scoring somehow. Yet, I agree that Harrington doesn't play defense. Although, Millsap showed me last season that he can't play big minutes yet. He wore out by the end of the season. The same could be said about Okur. Keep in mind, that Harrington can play multiple positions and he's quick enough to play team defense. Maybe he wants to win now?

Anyway, we could use our full Mid for him, use a TPE to trade for another PF, use another TPE to trade for a solid C, then just match what anyone offers Matthews.

Anyway, we could use our full Mid for him, use a TPE to trade for another PF, use another TPE to trade for a solid C, then just match what anyone offers Matthews.
You have to use your MLE to sign or match Matthews. The Jazz don't have Bird or Early Bird rights because Matthews has only been in league one year.

Anyone have the link to Lockes article on Harrington's potential impact with the Jazz? He said he just posted it.

one thing i like about Harrington's game...he shoots a good percentage from 3! might be a nice fit in JSlo's system?

I say get him in here. I think he's been in the league long enough that we're not going to have huge problem with him acting like a knuckle-head, plus he's always seemed like quite the competitor to me. All Sloan cares about is if you go out there and compete when you're on the court.

He's not a solid defender but at this point Utah would have to hope that he could play adequate team defense. Something that is interesting to me: With how tall he is and his ability to shoot from outside, I have to wonder if playing him at the 4 against the Lakers would force them to make some pretty big adjustments in how they defend the Jazz. Sure, we haven't gotten any bigger by getting Harrington, but the type of player he is may at least get Utah some match-up advantages they didn't have in the past. Or maybe I'm just trying to talk myself into Al Harrington.......

political-pictures-do-not-want-surprised-guy.jpg

So are the Jazz pulling a Timberwolves and deciding to have 3-4players that play the same position??

What would be the point of having him on our team?

He doesn't improve us much if any in the short term. Nor does he help us in the long term.

Let Millsap and AK47 play, they're both better than Al. Let Hayward play and be developed.

to me, the thought of adding Al Harrington seems to me like a desperate attempt at just adding a vet player and delaying the inevitable... Much like adding Calbert Cheney, Olden Polynice, and John Starks.

Lets see what Millsap and hayward can do this year. Use this next year to rebuild and develop. We'll use what information we learn from this season to plan for next few offseasons.