What's new

Jazz FA rumors

The Indiana Pacers have ramped up their pursuit of New York Knicks restricted free agent Chris Copeland. Sources with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com that the Pacers have put an offer sheet on the table that Copeland is giving serious thought to signing. ESPN.com

Looks liek another one may be off the table. Also:

Manu Ginobili: Thrilled to announce that as I always hoped, I'm gonna stay with the @spurs for two more years. #gospursgo

The news just keeps getting BETTER and BETTER. All these teams spending money like drunken sailors (and I mean no disrespect to the Navy or USMC). Good to hear Milwaukee isn't fully on board with tanking after only getting back a couple of 2nd-round picks in the Redick trade.

If we don`t find any free agent that we think will be a factor for years to come, why not just offer the max or something close to it to an old player for a one year deal? Would it be insane to offer Chauncey Billups 15 million for one year? He would probably be a great guy to have around the kids, and he would not make us much better. We would also have a large expiring contract that could get us some assets come the trade deadline.

That would seriously hurt our chances at picking up assets at the trade deadline. No way. I want us to stay well under the cap.

If we don`t find any free agent that we think will be a factor for years to come, why not just offer the max or something close to it to an old player for a one year deal? Would it be insane to offer Chauncey Billups 15 million for one year? He would probably be a great guy to have around the kids, and he would not make us much better. We would also have a large expiring contract that could get us some assets come the trade deadline.
No. Expiring contracts are not that valuable. What IS valuable is cap space. Teams in luxury tax territory need to trade away salaries without taking anything back. Expiring deals give them no immediate relief from the tax penalties.

Im all for playing the youth, and the "professional tanking" but something tells me it won't be as easy to think like that when we are getting stomped, and losing 8 out of 10 games all year. It won't be easy to actually root for your team to lose, or even to not be disappointed if we lose a double OT game for example. I'm sure at the end of all the games we'll all be talking about what we could have done differently to avoid the loss. Forgetting that we all wanted that to begin with.

Again, not saying I want to sign a bunch of veterans and try and make the playoffs. Just saying get ready for a rough year.

The Indiana Pacers have ramped up their pursuit of New York Knicks restricted free agent Chris Copeland. Sources with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com that the Pacers have put an offer sheet on the table that Copeland is giving serious thought to signing. ESPN.com

Are the Jazz going to end up taking Granger for nothing just to save the Pacers?

Yesterday one of their writers was complaining that the 12 million owed Green, Mahini, and Plumlee was killing the team. What about Grangers 13 million?

Sadly I think Pacers are smart enough to keep their future draft picks.

Are the Jazz going to end up taking Granger for nothing just to save the Pacers?

Yesterday one of their writers was complaining that the 12 million owed Green, Mahini, and Plumlee was killing the team. What about Grangers 13 million?

Sadly I think Pacers are smart enough to keep their future draft picks.
This is why I keep advocating we keep our cap space. Teams will have the benefit of using the high-salaried players for half the season. I think it will be more palatable to then make trades AND throw in draft picks If they're not contending. Not saying this will be the case with Indiana, but it could be applicable to others. And some teams who underachieved will simply decide it's time to tear down and start rebuilding. If we can't get a good draft pick, we may be able to pick up a very good veteran.

I think once Howard makes his decision things are going to catch fire.

What? People are dropping left and right.

Splitter - gone
Ginobli - gone
CP3 - gone
Tony Allen - gone
Mayo - looks like the Bucks land him
Brand- Nicks are preparing an offer
Budinger - gone
Korver - gone
West - gone
Maynor - gone

All we need to worry about is dodging Big Al, Sap and Mo and I think we are set for the youth movement in 2014. Sap and Big Al will be snatched up as soon as Howard is resolved on friday.

Korver is looking more and more like a possibility since the Bucks are going to sign Mayo.

Im assuming if we get Korver that's the end of Foye. So its basically a wash since they are very similar to what they bring to the team.