What's new

Jazz FA rumors

We give them wat they need and we get what we want. Who cares if they get Dwight and iggy. We get a good draft pick next year and a sf with all star potential. We would have young talent 1-6. Do it and don't look back.

^^^No. That's too high a price for Barnes.
GS is the desperate team in this case. The seller needs to sweeten the pot. If they're going after Iggy and Dwight, they may have to give up Barnes AND Thompson to get the two deals done.

If they did that I'd demand Barnes and Thompson or some picks.

Harrison Barnes needs to come to the Jazz for me to want to facilitate anything for the Warriors. If they get Barnes, then the Jazz should be willing to take on all 3 of Bogut, Jefferson and Bliedrins. If Barnes is out, then I'm out and we wait to see if there's a better deal to be had at the trade deadline. If they want Iggy too, then they need to invest other assets to try to get rid of Rush and/or Lee.

Trading with the Jazz over the Lakers should put the Warriors in a better spot for that by allowing them to use their remaining assets to facilitate a sign & trade with Denver and giving them immediate cap relief and trade exceptions that they can't get from the Lakers. The trade exceptions from the Jazz would make it pretty easy for them to get Iggy, I would think. If Lindsey can get a pick or two out of the Warriors, it would be worth trying, but I'd be happy to take on just Barnes and Bogut as usable assets if that's all that can be had.

Try to flip Jefferson and Bliedrins for younger assets or picks, or park them on the bench and let them come off the books next year. If Bogut comes over, I think that he can become a really great asset if managed properly. My focus with him would be getting him as healthy as possible before the trade deadline. This means rest, rehab and limited minutes until close to the deadline. If the Jazz are a lottery team, you try to trade him to a contender who needs a veteran defensive big for the playoffs for a 2014 pick. If the young stars for the Jazz have the team clearly into the playoffs I keep him healthy and use him as a veteran defensive big and team leader for an improbable playoff run. And then hope like Hell that the young guns turn it on at the end of the year.

Last edited:
^^^No. That's too high a price for Barnes.
GS is the desperate team in this case. The seller needs to sweeten the pot. If they're going after Iggy and Dwight, they may have to give up Barnes AND Thompson to get the two deals done.

And if you're willing and able to facilitate all of that for them, then you have put yourself in the best position to have that conversation. The Warriors aren't gutting themselves of Barnes or Thompson (let alone BOTH like so many of you seem to think) just to get rid of JUST their best big man.

By the way, the cost in actual dollars and cents to pick up Barnes and/or Thompson in that scenario is about $8 million. And you think the Jazz are giving up TOO MUCH?

Not getting supper hype around Barnes below average player during season exploded in playoffs because he was able exploit players as stretch 4 in absence of white pf

And if you're willing and able to facilitate all of that for them, then you have put yourself in the best position to have that conversation. The Warriors aren't gutting themselves of Barnes or Thompson (let alone BOTH like so many of you seem to think) just to get rid of JUST their best big man.

By the way, the cost in dollars and cents to pick up Barnes and/or Thompson in that scenario is about $8 million. And you think the Jazz are giving up TOO MUCH?

Actually, this potential deal is for Bogut not Lee.

Not getting supper hype around Barnes below average player during season exploded in playoffs because he was able exploit players as stretch 4 in absence of white pf

Surprisingly good post. But bear in mind he DID in fact do that, he was a ROOKIE, and he was a consensus #1 recruit.

and Bogut is severely injury prone and slow now. . . still prefer over bringing back a long term Jefferson deal though

If you get 1,200 minutes of Bogut on the floor, you get 1,200 minutes of defense. If you get 3,000 minutes of Lee on the floor, you get 0 minutes of defense. Additionally, Bogut is expiring. I actually think Lee is less of an asset than Richard Jefferson, Biedrins, or Bogut for that reason.

Last edited:
If you get 1,200 minutes of Bogut on the floor, you get 1,200 minutes of defense. If you get 4,000 minutes of Lee on the floor, you get 0 minutes of defense. Additionally, Bogut is expiring. I actually think Lee is less of an asset than Richard Jefferson, Biedrins, or Bogut for that reason.

Agree completely with everything you just said. There's no way I take Lee as part of any deal. The jazz need their future cap space to sign the young core to extensions as well as having flexibility to make deals like what we've been going on about.

I want Barnes. But why are you all acting like Burks is just a throw in that you don't care about? We have no idea what Burks can do. He could be better than Barnes for all we know. If we get Barnes, I'd like Burks to be our go-to scorer off the bench. I'm not giving them Burks unless they sweeten the offer considerably.

I would take the contracts of Jefferson and Biedrins so that they can sign Dwight. And I take Barnes for that. No draft picks needed.
They get Howard for Barnes. It's a far deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want Barnes. But why are you all acting like Burks is just a throw in that you don't care about? We have no idea what Burks can do. He could be better than Barnes for all we know. If we get Barnes, I'd like Burks to be our go-to scorer off the bench. I'm not giving them Burks unless they sweeten the offer considerably.

I would take the contracts of Jefferson and Biedrins so that they can sign Dwight. And I take Barnes for that. No draft picks needed.
They get Howard for Barnes. It's a far deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

how did you birth your name its so creative

Janis Carr@janiscarr4 minutes ago

Dwight has made his decision. Said he will announce his destination via Twitter possibly this weekend

Well we should know soon if the Jazz will end up trading with the Warriors or not.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6m
Multiple teams in Dwightstakes, I'm told, FEAR Houston is winning the race

Sounds like all this talk with GS could be for naught unless they want to pursue Iggy.

I'm pretty confident the reason that Golden State has opened talks with the Jazz is to avoid having to give up one of their young players. They could just do a S&T with the Lakers, but I'm sure the Lakers would demand either Klay or Barnes. I suspect the most they'd give us in return is a future draft pick in addition to Bogut and either Biedrens or Jefferson.

LA wants Barnes AND Thompson. Utah should just take one.

i would take him dont mistake especially for simple 1 year contract salary dump but id rather have clay tompson

Not me. Klay is an amazing shooter. Not much else. Barnes has potential to be very, very good at everything. A much better Hayward. I'd take the better overall player over the one skill guy.

Not me. Klay is an amazing shooter. Not much else. Barnes has potential to be very, very good at everything. A much better Hayward. I'd take the better overall player over the one skill guy.

name 1 thing barnes does besides shoot

he is ok rebounder ok defender

clay is elite shooter

his lack of FTA per game is bad do