What's new

Jazz getting props all over the place!

carolinajazz

I especially liked this observation and post from my favorite news papers sports section!

?The Jazz are a team most ignore. Mistake. Utah improved its depth and brought in the best point guard never to make an All-Star team, Mike Conley. They have a legit star in Donovan Mitchell, the do-everything wing. Joe Ingles is a joy to watch because he plays the right way. An important pickup was dead-eye shooter Bojan Bogdanovic. And they got rebound machine Ed Davis to support the best defensive center in the universe, Rudy Gobert. They won 50 games last season and now are better."

N.Y. Post

I'm counting on a slow start. Can't see them all really coming together and hitting stride before maybe 20 games. I hope they get a strong start out of the gates but I don't think that's going to happen.

I think the Jazz will get a strong start, at least on offense. Conley, Mitchell and Gobert can run the high-low actions, and all Bojan and Jeff Green have to do is spot up. Ingles will run the 2nd unit. Mudiay can punish most back-up guards. I think the Jazz will have one of the top 5 or so offenses in the league, and that's enough to win a number of their early games. The Jazz could have 7 or even 8 players who average double figures in scoring, starting with Mitchell who might average 26 ppg.

Last edited:
Still need a power forward who can secure rebounds and provide energy plays. Until then

True. Jeff Green is being given a chance to be that guy, but historically, he hasn't been big on intangibles. I'm not sure how much of this role Royce can play. Honestly, I'd like to see what Brantley looks like in a line-up with the starters. He's got good length and has the size/strength to be a factor on the boards. Why not give him 15 minutes a night to be our version of Montrezl Harrell?