What's new

Jazz have tied last seasons win total

But wait? I'm confused. I thought that all of the guys who hated the Quin Snyder hiring or who defended Ty Corbin kept harping about how the Jazz started the season with essentially the same record as last year. Guess that excuse is busted. Is this what happens when a player developmental coaching staff teaches and trusts a young team to grow up together, learn the (coherent) system,play good defense and get better? If so, I approve.

Last edited:
40 wins sound doable?

Not really. Maybe if they'd beaten LA and Boston to start out 8-0 after the break. I will say, that if they can pull out 15 of 19 to finish the season, I'll be really impressed. At their current win rate, they'd finish 37-45. That's pretty respectable considering how bad they started out the season.

Jazz get a day off and then it's the Nets. We crushed them by 35 last time around. Should be a good game to be a Jazz fan.

Not really. Maybe if they'd beaten LA and Boston to start out 8-0 after the break. I will say, that if they can pull out 15 of 19 to finish the season, I'll be really impressed. At their current win rate, they'd finish 37-45. That's pretty respectable considering how bad they started out the season.

I'm inclined to agree. I think 38 wins (13-8) is a pretty reasonable ceiling

Meh, Corbin had a roster designed for failure by DL. And then Hayward pooped the bed for almost all 82 games. Not defending Ty, really...he was a horrible coach. But we have selective memory loss. Rudy was horrible for most of the minutes he played. He had NO clue on offense and fumbled the ball every time he touched it. Not even Quin OR Jerry would have won many more games- maybe 30...TOPS. I mean look at the PG's Lindsey gave Ty to start the season: the WORST duo in the HISTORY of the league.

Yet after our horrible start, Jazz played nearly .500 ball up to the deadline. Then the media started shouting "tank" every game and the team - except for Burke - just quit on Corbin.

Meh, Corbin had a roster designed for failure by DL. And then Hayward pooped the bed for almost all 82 games. Not defending Ty, really...he was a horrible coach. But we have selective memory loss. Rudy was horrible for most of the minutes he played. He had NO clue on offense and fumbled the ball every time he touched it. Not even Quin OR Jerry would have won many more games- maybe 30...TOPS. I mean look at the PG's Lindsey gave Ty to start the season: the WORST duo in the HISTORY of the league.

Yet after our horrible start, Jazz played nearly .500 ball up to the deadline. Then the media started shouting "tank" every game and the team - except for Burke - just quit on Corbin.

I wonder what impact Quin's coaching has had on Rudy though? Also Quin is involving Rudy more on offense, making him a passer, etc., rather than just "stick him somewhere down low" which seems to be Ty's solution to anything and everything.

I wonder what impact Quin's coaching has had on Rudy though? Also Quin is involving Rudy more on offense, making him a passer, etc., rather than just "stick him somewhere down low" which seems to be Ty's solution to anything and everything.
Yes, that is true. But Rudy had improved tremendously before Quin arrived. He was a force in the World Cup. So his development, whether attributable to Ty's staff or not was happening during his rookie season. Ty was a scapegoat for a lot of things. with many of them being completely out of his control. That said, he was just too bull-headed to do what Lindsey wanted. He probably counted on the Miller loyalty being stronger than what it was.