What's new

Jazz have tied last seasons win total

Meh, Corbin had a roster designed for failure by DL. And then Hayward pooped the bed for almost all 82 games. Not defending Ty, really...he was a horrible coach. But we have selective memory loss. Rudy was horrible for most of the minutes he played. He had NO clue on offense and fumbled the ball every time he touched it. Not even Quin OR Jerry would have won many more games- maybe 30...TOPS. I mean look at the PG's Lindsey gave Ty to start the season: the WORST duo in the HISTORY of the league.

Yet after our horrible start, Jazz played nearly .500 ball up to the deadline. Then the media started shouting "tank" every game and the team - except for Burke - just quit on Corbin.

I'd argue this current roster was built for failure, too. Last year at least we had some seasoned veterans, who could play. Now we are starting 2 rookies, one of them the rawest rookie in the history of the game, after a single injury our wing depth consists of more rookies and D-League call-ups. DL had some interviews last month in which he seemed to suggest that the development of this roster(Rudy, Favors, Hayward) was so surprising that it quite possibly pushed the time table for this team. I think they expected us to be about as bad as last year...

I'd argue this current roster was built for failure, too. Last year at least we had some seasoned veterans, who could play. Now we are starting 2 rookies, one of them the rawest rookie in the history of the game, after a single injury our wing depth consists of more rookies and D-League call-ups. DL had some interviews last month in which he seemed to suggest that the development of this roster(Rudy, Favors, Hayward) was so surprising that it quite possibly pushed the time table for this team. I think they expected us to be about as bad as last year...

Good point.. however, although Marv and Jefferson contributed to quite a few wins last year, that is offset somewhat by Favors & Hayward's improvement this year.

Meh, Corbin had a roster designed for failure by DL. And then Hayward pooped the bed for almost all 82 games. Not defending Ty, really...he was a horrible coach. But we have selective memory loss. Rudy was horrible for most of the minutes he played. He had NO clue on offense and fumbled the ball every time he touched it. Not even Quin OR Jerry would have won many more games- maybe 30...TOPS. I mean look at the PG's Lindsey gave Ty to start the season: the WORST duo in the HISTORY of the league.

Yet after our horrible start, Jazz played nearly .500 ball up to the deadline. Then the media started shouting "tank" every game and the team - except for Burke - just quit on Corbin.

In my opinion Corbin failed to do what Quinn is doing this season and set us back a whole year. That is playing the young talent and letting them gel together. The fact that we lost games didn't bother me, it's the fact that we lost games and played with the same rotations all year. What was the point of RJ and Marvin playing so many minutes when even the fans knew the were not part of the future? It's because Ty was more concerned about winning 25 games than the future of the team, and that is why he was fired. I feel if he would have given the younger guys that were the future playing time, he would still be here.

I understand that Rudy was extremely raw, but to not even play him a couple minutes a game made absolutely no sense to me, even at the time. The little time he did get he was making an impact averaging 2pts, 4 rebs, 1 block shot. He brought good energy, but as you said he was very unseasoned. What he needed was experience, not sitting on the bench, even if it was a 3-4 minutes. He had RJ starting and Burks coming off the bench until the final week. That final week the team played really well. He started Kanter, benched Kanter, then restarted Kanter, who also at the time was the future of this team not Marvin. To me his sole purpose was to let the young guys play and he refused. If this team was going to only win 25 games, why not win 25 games with future talent? That's what a rebuilding year is for. Rebuilding is not letting players with no future start every game.