What's new

Jazz @ Hawks | Friday November 12th @ 5pm

I think the Hawks are going to come out hungry after losing 3 in a row and 2 of those at home. I don't know if the Jazz have another 18+ point comback in them, so they need to get off to a good start and at least keep it close the entire game if they want to win this one.

I think the Jazz will come out a bit faster. Sure there will be an emotional let-down after beating two of the top teams in the East. But Atlanta is also a very good team; the Jazz are not going to approach this game like they would against the Clippers or Charlotte.

Contain their SG's and I think this game will be a "W." I don't see how Atlanta stops Millsap AND Jefferson. One of those guys should always be open inside.

I'm just hoping Millsap can score 20+ for 2 more nights and the Jazz at least split. It would be pretty sweet for Millsap to get Player of the Week.

I think the Hawks are going to come out hungry after losing 3 in a row and 2 of those at home. I don't know if the Jazz have another 18+ point comback in them, so they need to get off to a good start and at least keep it close the entire game if they want to win this one.

plagiarism

Over-confident fans in game thread = automatic loss.

I was going to say Jazz by 8 or so, but after reading the last few posts, it's clear. We lose by 15+. :(

I was going to say Jazz by 8 or so, but after reading the last few posts, it's clear. We lose by 15+. :(

Oh, did I say we won by 30, I meant we score 30 the whole game and lose by 80.
My bad.

I have been saying 4-0 since before we played Miami; when we thought it was not possible. We must keep the faith

I love how 2 games ago, people were predicting a 20+ loss to the Heat, and 0-4 road trip. Now, it's a 30 points win against the Hawks.

Jazzfanz is such a wonderful example of the human irrationality. :)

I love how 2 games ago, people were predicting a 20+ loss to the Heat, and 0-4 road trip. Now, it's a 30 points win against the Hawks.

Jazzfanz is such a wonderful example of the human irrationality. :)

Ride the wave...... I've been meaning to ask you this for a while.

Are you Fes, and to complete the win I say.... in the Ballroom, with the rope?

(18-13 Atlanta) I hate to hat on Big Al, but he has given ZERO help defense on the past 3 Atlanta baskets. Not even lifting a hand. Sitting him down would be warranted based on his lack of effort alone.

Update: Good post-up defense, partly aided by help defense by Raja Bell.

(18-15 Atlanta, after a Millsap sweet jumper) AK helps Millsap, and Millsap blocks the shot. Turns into FTs by Bell on the other end. So not only is Jefferson's defense deficient, everybody but him seems to be helping.

(26-20 Utah) Fesenko's hand and foot movement over Jefferson's is clear. Again, I'd have no problem playing Jefferson as many minutes as he can handle as long as he played on both ends of the floor. We endured 5 years of that from Boozer.

Last edited:
Puzzlement continues: Sloan subs out two centers and puts in Jefferson and Kirilenko, going from too tall to too short. But he leaves in two point guards (Price and Watson). So it's Watson-Price-CJ-AK-AJ. I guess we can give props for the experimentation, but conventional wisdom is to play a center, a PF, two wings, and a PG. Not two pairs of redundant players and Miles.

Update: The backups were clearly used to just rest the starters. First-stringers in except for Bell, who is wisely rested in favor of CJ, who is shooting--and scoring.

Horford scores over Jefferson in the paint. Still calling for a center to play alongside a power forward. Millsap + Jefferson is subpar defensively, just like Boozer and Millsap were last year. If Jefferson moved his feet, maybe it wouldn't be so much of a "black hole."

D-Will with a killer dunk at 4:01 in Q2. Expect the highlights to feature that play.

Update: Bibby airballs a trey less than a minute later. The contrast is striking.

Really need someone else besides williams to step up I say put in the small line up and run..
Sloan went with a smaller lineup toward the end of the first half, and while he didn't do it for very long, it didn't seem to be that much more effective.

Atlanta has outscored the Jazz in the paint. The interior defense continues to be bad. There needs to be a center in there. Just try it, Jerry, for kicks.