What's new

Jazz intentionally foul another Suns player to prevent Devin Booker from scoring 60 points - CBSSpor

These players get into a bubble where everything is about them and people sucking their dicks. It's truly pathetic this upset them. Context of when people and how people cheered matters. This was silly fun. Get the **** over it.
Exactly. I even sarcastically posted a "we want Jimmer" post in the game thread because the game was over. The scrubs we have seen many times before were in. He kept missing and I was literally laughing my *** off. It was one of the funnest blowouts scrub moments I can remember.. I was rooting for the moment, not against the team. I was rooting for a former superstar who has played in China for the last few years to make one...single...bucket.

It was hysterical. The fact that players took it personal is just as hysterical imo.

1. Our own fans booing our own team (Magic home game)
2. Westbrook (doesn’t need explanation)
3. People being pretty quiet all night until a scrub on the other team came on the court.

Whatever they think about those three things, they are issues created by our fanbase (including the first one).
I have seen the first one happen to every team in every sport. At least they boo rather than just stop caring and stop going to the games.

I heard lots of cheering for the jazz last night. Every time the jazz scored in fact.

Also I don't think every player feels the same way about each thing as every other player.
Players can react to each thing how they want regardless of how it was intended. They can take responsibility for their own feelings. They can blame the fans if they want. Or they can have some other perspective. Especially about last night.
Korver didn't seem to give a **** about the fans cheering jimmer. He chose to have a different take.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I have seen the first one happen to every team in every sport. At least they boo rather than just stop caring and stop going to the games.

I heard lots of cheering for the jazz last night. Every time the jazz scored in fact.

Lol, like we're supposed to cheer every single bucket in a blowout

Supposed to or not, they did and always do.

Literally every bucket in every game gets cheered by some.

I'm talking about being fanatic. Not all games are action packed as this one wasn't the most attention grabbing. Up 20 points I'm not going to get out of my seat for a Neto 3. Clap a few times yeah, but not list my voice like I have before.

Our playoff and big game energy might be the best in the league.

I posted this before in the thread about Jimmer signing with PHX last week but the only exception I take is that the local radio called out fans for booing Jimmer. When IMO and Fish and I disagree to some extent, that the boos or vast majority of them were a reaction or a reply to the over abundance of cheering.

With that said, watching the game I was hoping that some of those cheers were sarcastic cheering. Like "yay congrats on missing a shot"(since he did miss 9 of them) or like when a home crowd sarcastically cheers it's own team after making a shot when they haven't scored in like 4-5min. The problem with that can be 2 things, first you can't differentiate between the cheers, the fanboys who actually mean it and the sarcastic ones. Second is the history of him being cheered every time he comes back and every time he touches the ball and I guess thirdly the weird dichotomy that is Utah that I wouldn't expect players to understand.

Last edited:
If I was a smart man, which I am far from, I would've found a fun way to be over the top sarcastic with cheering to make it clear in the difference but it's not like I can cheer one of those sarcastic gif's and again I'm not a smart man.

From a heckling stand point that is a bit of a sensitive subject understandably but I would've loved it if (this is impossible real world though, much like my idea of the arena going dead silent when Hayward was introduced or touched the ball) if all the people cheering sarcastically could've channeled it to a heckle. Something like One section of fans cheers "Teach me how to Jimmer" then another responds with "BRIIIIIICK" then rince and repeat. Or I guess go old school and chant his name "Jimmer Brickette".

Fans should've cheered Jimmer when he first entered the game and left it at that. They just went overboard, the loudest cheers of the night came when he scored his first point at the free throw line and then when he scored his only bucket, they also loudly booed when he was called for a travel. I don't blame our players for being a little upset that fans cheered louder for an opponent than for their own players.

Last edited:
Stephen Jackson blasted the Suns as did Brian Windbag on the jump today, had no problem with what the Jazz did at the end of the game. Years gone by there would have been players who'd physically smash him one for such blatant stat chasing.

Booker is pathetic for what he was trying to do, hasn't learned a damn thing about his antics over getting 70 last year. He's a big fat loser.

According to the writer the Jazz were shameful and scared to guard Booker one on one to keep him from reaching 60. Jazz intentionally foul another Suns player to prevent Devin Booker from scoring 60 points - CBSSports.com.html
Shameful and scared? Yeah, after they beat the ever loving crap out of the Suns they were "shameful and scared." Sure.

Stephen Jackson blasted the Suns as did Brian Windbag on the jump today, had no problem with what the Jazz did at the end of the game. Years gone by there would have been players who'd physically smash him one for such blatant stat chasing.

Booker is pathetic for what he was trying to do, hasn't learned a damn thing about his antics over getting 70 last year. He's a big fat loser.

A common trait of Kentucky players. Lyles, Boogie, and Booker all come to mind. Complete losers

A common trait of Kentucky players. Lyles, Boogie, and Booker all come to mind. Complete losers
You missed Towns. I was going to come here to mention the trio of Booker, Lyles, and Towns all kind of having the same mental makeup.

You missed Towns. I was going to come here to mention the trio of Booker, Lyles, and Towns all kind of having the same mental makeup.

Damn. Missed a big one.

Kanter too. Cal sure knows how to pick em...

Sheesh, how many other selfish losers did I miss? Is there a guard out there too? What was Knight like? What about that big for Sacramento who’s fighting for a big contract? What’s he like?

I am just glad Jimmer isn't on the Jazz. People can cheer for who they want but it is pretty ridiculous to be cheering for a guy who never played for the Jazz and was 1-10 from the field in a blowout loss. I just think it is weird to be cheering for an opponent when they are playing your team. It is like when Kobe use to come to town and people would be cheering for him.

As far as the Jazz fouling to prevent Booker from getting 60 pts, you have to consider the source, Eddie Johnson has always been a Jazz hater. The fact that he was more concerned about the record than the win only shows were the Phoenix franchise is right now. I have no problem with the Jazz fouling to keep him from the record considering the Suns also fouled to get him the record and put him back in the game when they were down 30 pts. I real big no no if you ask me. I guess when your franchise sucks what else to you have to talk about.