What's new

Jazz interested in bringing Neto over now!

As GSW have proven that small ball is absolutely the independent variable in the championship formula, I hear we're looking to go small:

Cotton
Neto
Burke
Hanlan
Exum

Nice. I like it.

It definitely signals that Trey might be on his way out.

But what about Exum? Maybe we might deal him. If it brings in a star I don't see why not. I don't like him as much as others.

I think they are doing their due diligence and keeping in contact with him, getting to know how his progress has been, etc. He still has 2 more years on his contract and we have 4 PGs on the rosters. I think he won't be coming any time soon... he also didn't have a great season in Spain, so I don't know if he'll be ready for the league if he came... I don't even know if he will ever be ready.

Nice. I like it.

But what about Exum? Maybe we might deal him. If it brings in a star I don't see why not. I don't like him as much as others.

Utah isn't giving up on Exum after one year. After the way the team played in the second half of the season, there's no way they should trade away any core pieces.

Utah isn't giving up on Exum after one year. After the way the team played in the second half of the season, there's no way they should trade away any core pieces.

What if we're in a package to get Butler or Leonard? Or even someone like Damian Lillard?

I'm not saying trade him nothing.

If y'all recall, Jody Gennessy did report a rumor that the Jazz were looking to trade Burke in a draft day trade.

If y'all recall, Jody Gennessy did report a rumor that the Jazz were looking to trade Burke in a draft day trade.

Maybe his mommy and daddy saw that rumor and got butthurt, so they told DL they want a trade.

I think a trade to Cleveland for Dellavedova would be tops... But then of course the Jazz would have no choice but to get Bogut in free agency so we could have an Aussie party up in dis biooooootch!!! Oh aaaaaand they would need to bring Motum back for the full on Aussie lineup!

Dellavedova, Exum, Ingles, Motum, Bogut

Yep, he was 0-2 on his draft day rumors. That track record is taking a beating. Time for a new "source."

Yep, he was 0-2 on his draft day rumors. That track record is taking a beating. Time for a new "source."

He reported that they were "looking to trade" Trey, not that they were near a deal. Does anyone doubt DL is still looking to trade Trey for a decent price? I'd say it's 1 and 1 on the rumors, although the one about Trey is not really a rumor. I think that has been known since the day Trey lost his starting job to Dante.

To me, this indicates that the Jazz are doing their due diligence in assessing where Neto stands and whether he's coming over this year or not, which is important to do at least once annually -- regardless of what his answer is. Especially given the Tomic situation. Whether he's willing to come over or not, the Jazz have to take stock of where their actual roster stands.

If a Burke trade is in the works, they can be even more confident about their position is at the position going forward if Neto commits. If he doesn't, maybe they will consider cutting bait.

Either way, DL does have some flexibility to make some trades / sign some free agents, even more so if Pleiss and Neto make themselves available to play in the NBA. I'll be more interested to see what happens with the Pleiss talks.

Last edited:
I think the last couple of years would have been perfect situations to see what he really has, but now, who knows. He certainly is not ever likely to be an Ante Tomic situation though - that's a Euroleague MVP not coming over. He's more like.... Tadija Dragicevic not coming over......okay.....maybe somewhere in the middle.

I want to see him come over though. He flashed way too much in that summerleague a few years back and against Team USA last year to not want to see how he would look in the NBA.

Nice. I like it.

Because he is a 19 year old that just finished his rookie season with much better than expected D. Let's actually see what we have with him before we start trying to throw him into trades. Same with Hood.

But if training camp starts with Exum, Hanlan, Cotton and Neto on the roster then I think Burke's days are numbered.

This does not excite me in the least as it impacts Exum. I think the two are irrelevant to one another.
It does excite me (somewhat) if it replaces Burke.

Even then, it's kind of a yawner, tbh.

I can't help but think 'they just want to see if he wants in on the SL team'. Perhaps they're preparing to trade for Eric Bledsoe...

Raul Neto's shooting has been regressing since he was drafted... 20% from 3 and 66% from the line. His AST/TO ratio went to **** this year too. I smell ********.

This does not excite me in the least as it impacts Exum. I think the two are irrelevant to one another.
It does excite me (somewhat) if it replaces Burke.

Even then, it's kind of a yawner, tbh.

I'm not actually sure this would impact Exum in any way. It seems the Jazz are sold as far as Exum over Burke. Given that fact, and if Neto did come over, the only folks it would impact would be Burke and maybe Cotton.

I wouldn't be shocked if Neto never suits up on our roster; his shooting hasn't developed like I would hope it would.

I wouldn't be shocked if Neto never suits up on our roster; his shooting hasn't developed like I would hope it would.
Hell, I would shocked if he did suit up for us

Raul Neto's shooting has been regressing since he was drafted... 20% from 3 and 66% from the line. His AST/TO ratio went to **** this year too. I smell ********.
Uggh!
Rather keep Cotton and roll the dice with Hanlan. It's not like Neto is a lock-down defender, either.

Lindsey: "Hey Raul, there's this team in Phoenix where you might get some playing time. They have a great coach. Can we throw you in, err, I mean include you as a key piece of a trade?"