What's new

Jazz & Lakers rivalry is back! Who ends up on top?

who will have more wins, Jazz or Lakers?

• Total voters

Lakers_Slapper

I've been living in Vegas for almost 10 years and a Jazz fan for 30 years. Yesterday I went to put in a sports bet and Vegas lines had Utah Jazz with a projected win total of 49 games and L.A. Lakers at 48.5. Last year the Jazz won 48 and lost 34 games.
Is it just me or does it seem that the Jazz are going to win 50-55 games this year and leave L.A. in the rear view mirrors? I can see L.A. around 47-48, but I don't think they'll be only breaths away from the Jazz.
I am excited to see this old-school rivalry back in action, but I wanted to get everyone's take on the Jazz and Lakers win comparison.

55-60 assuming we are mostly healthy to key players. Can’t go without Gobert for a third of a season. It’s criminal how much worse we are with him out of the lineup

Jazz will end up anywhere between 2 and 4. Lakers anywhere between 6-11. No rivalry. And not in any future as Lebron is not getting younger.
We could find a bit of a rivalry if we played them in the playoffs, though.

If Exum breaks out as a stabilizer in the second unit and Crowder goes back to being Boston Crowder with his shot, how good are we?
Jazz success does not depend on Exum breaking out or Crowder. If Rudy stays healthy, one more year of experience for Mitchell and one more year for Rubio within the system and we are easily second seed. That's what were were in last two month last season, Exum or not.

I think the lakers will do well just b/c of Lebron James. He alone will carry them into the playoffs. I think the lakers fans are under-estimating the impact brook lopez had on their team as well as a Julius Randle, both are now GONE to other teams. They Laker's FO replaced them by none other than tragic bronson himself.

Yeah, I think Lebron is worth +12 or even +15 wins. However, losing Randle and Bropez means Lebron would be adding those wins to a 30-win team. I guess we'll see. Some Lakers fans are acting like the Lakers can make the WCF.

If the Lakers finish the season ahead of the Jazz then something went terribly wrong.

If the Lakers finish the season ahead of the Jazz then something went terribly wrong.
Just proof it's all rigged.

The NBA will profit far more from a WCF between LA and GS than UT.

Just proof it's all rigged.

The NBA will profit far more from a WCF between LA and GS than UT.
Not when the Lakers get horribly swept.

Utah or not, the Lakers aren’t making the WCF. They could eventually be a good team, but the free agent moves they made were ****ing awful. They don’t have the luxury of losing a bunch of games early in the season to figure out their chemistry like the Cavs/Heat did. This having-other-guys-make-plays-and-turning-the-best-player-of-his-generation and-one-of-the-greatest-ever into a secondary ball handler at the expense of spacing/shooting is just so stupid, and LeBron will figure that out really quickly. Once he does that, he won’t have the spacing/shooters he’s normally had. That’s not even mentioning how that organization is a circus.

They’ll probably make the playoffs, but if there’s a year that LeBron freaks the **** out/implodes, it’s this upcoming season.

Last edited:
1. Warriors 63-19
2. Rockets 61-21
T-3. Spurs 54-28
T-3. Jazz 54-28
5. Thunder 51-31
6. Lakers 50-32
7. Blazers 47-35
8. Pelicans 46-36
------------
T-9. Wolves 45-37
T-9. Nuggets 45-37