What's new

Jazz MVP Poll

Who is the Utah Jazz MVP this season?

• Rudy Gobert

• Donovan Mitchell

• Mike Conley

• Quin Snyder/ Dennis Linsey

Results are only viewable after voting.
we will win enough games to make it to the playoffs every year with Gobert. But to ultimately win a champ we'll need Mitchell.
Ya and well, if mitchell balls out and we win a championship then he will be the MVP of the team. This poll however isn't about hypotheticals or what the future holds. Rather, it is asking who is the current Jazz MVP. And the answer to that question is obviously Gobert.

Only one that’s viable, since no one can keep their man in front of them.
That's FO's problem. They made a conscious decision of not pursuing any perimeter defender. It's the only thing viable for the Jazz because they chose to put themselves in this situation. There are ways to play defense and win ball games without funneling everything to your big man. All I'm saying is that the possibility does exist. So you acting like Donovan cannot win anything had him played without Rudy isn't exactly warranted.

Last edited:
We lose Mitchell for 3 games, we win. We lose Conley for what, 8 games? We win 7 of them. We sit Gobert for 3 minutes in the third quarter and our 18 point lead nearly immediately evaporates. It's Gobert and it's not close at all.
Holy **** this exact thing happened tonight. lol

Prescient.

Part of me wants to see Gobert go down just to see how much ridiculously worse the team gets because it's the only way he's gonna get more respect.

We lose Mitchell for 3 games, we win. We lose Conley for what, 8 games? We win 7 of them. We sit Gobert for 3 minutes in the third quarter and our 18 point lead nearly immediately evaporates. It's Gobert and it's not close at all.
I ain't talking **** on Conley who is night-and-day better, but his +/- is a little sus since he plays almost all of his minutes with Rudy.

Gobert isn’t a great scorer, but it’s not like he’s a spectator on that side.
He's not a very skilled scorer, but he does enough of it, is incredibly efficient when doing so, and does it off of actions that make the entire offense work.

Both sides of the ball collapse from simply elite into mediocrity without him.

Ya and well, if mitchell balls out and we win a championship then he will be the MVP of the team. This poll however isn't about hypotheticals or what the future holds. Rather, it is asking who is the current Jazz MVP. And the answer to that question is obviously Gobert.
Agree. Until Donovan can take his game to the next level in playoffs like averaging 36ppg on 53% shooting, he isn't worthy of the MVP conversation. Oh wait......

I mean winning championship nowadays isn't about one superstar anymore. Lot of times you'll need two or even three. Donovan has certainly been doing his part, especially in series against OKC and Denver, every fans in basketball have witnessed things that he is capable of. The kid scored 57 in a playoffs game. 5**7. Third highest of all time.What more can we possibly ask for?

He's giving his all but maybe it's still not enough to win it all for the Jazz. But it's not his problem. Neither Rudy's. To me they are both equally important and valuable to the Jazz. We simply need more alternatives.

Part of me wants to see Gobert go down just to see how much ridiculously worse the team gets because it's the only way he's gonna get more respect.
He went down a few years ago (missed like 17 games or something) and, well, we sucked ***. Big time. Can't remember the exact record but it was bad

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Agree. Until Donovan can take his game to the next level in playoffs like averaging 36ppg on 53% shooting, he isn't worthy of the MVP conversation. Oh wait......

I mean winning championship nowadays isn't about one superstar anymore. Lot of times you'll need two or even three. Donovan has certainly been doing his part, especially in series against OKC and Denver, every fans in basketball have witnessed things that he is capable of. The kid scored 57 in a playoffs game. 5**7. Third highest of all time.What more can we possibly ask for?

He's giving his all but maybe it's still not enough to win it all for the Jazz. But it's not his problem. Neither Rudy's. To me they are both equally important and valuable to the Jazz. We simply need more alternatives.
I would agree that if the thread was "who was the mvp of the the first round of the playoffs last year for the jazz?" That the answer would be mitchell.

That isn't the thread title however so the answer is still gobert. Sorry

He went down a few years ago (missed like 17 games or something) and, well, we sucked ***. Big time. Can't remember the exact record but it was bad

9 games out of the playoffs. People were talking about Doncic. I vehemently argued this was nonsense.

I would agree that if the thread was "who was the mvp of the the first round of the playoffs last year for the jazz?" That the answer would be mitchell.

That isn't the thread title however so the answer is still gobert. Sorry

Yeah that's why I began with saying “depends on what people value more.” I'm not saying "Rudy is not important" neither am I forcing any idea upon anyone. And I'd probably go with Rudy too because i believe the team's floor is more important in regular season cuz winning against bad teams is what ultimately helps you secure a playoffs spot. There is no point of talking ceiling or winning it all if you can't even make the postseason.

Last edited:
We were 11-15 in Mitchell’s rookie season when Gobert missed 26 games.

We are 6-6 without Mitchell for his entire career. Was 3-6 coming into this year and we are 3-0 without him this year.