What's new

Jazz= no urgency

halfday

The last several games we have been down by 8 to 10 points with 3 or 4 minutes left and the jazz continue to run their slow methodical offense with no chance of catching up or winning. Quinn needs to put in his playbook some sort of urgent or more timely offense. The playoffs will come down to the wire if we are ever down by a few points it is going to come back and haunt us.I was really hoping for a 3 seed, but we are letting that slip away.

Forcing it or jacking quick 3's (which we're not even good at) isn't gonna get us back into those games anyway. Gotta just try to play our game, hope we hit shots, and they miss when we're down double digits with a few minutes left. The problem these past few losses (except the debacle against NO at home) is that we've just dug ourselves too big of a hole throughout the game and can never get all the way back.

10 points isn't that big of a hole... Sitting at a the top of a the key while everyone stands around isn't going to get it done. I'm not saying Jack a up three's. Just get into be there offense more quickly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JazzFanz mobile app

It has nothing to do with urgency. The Jazz just aren't that good.
Most WC teams got appreciably better. The Jazz added Niang in place of Jerebko and Allen in place of Stockton. Not better.
I'm just a drop in a huge ocean, but if Dennis just rolls it back with only minor changes, I'm gone. No merchandise, no League Pass. It's just a shame I'm not a season ticket holder who could vote a little louder.

Most WC teams got appreciably better. The Jazz added Niang in place of Jerebko and Allen in place of Stockton. Not better.
I'm just a drop in a huge ocean, but if Dennis just rolls it back with only minor changes, I'm gone. No merchandise, no League Pass. It's just a shame I'm not a season ticket holder who could vote a little louder.

I won't ever stop supporting the Jazz, unless some crazy scandal happens or they relocate, however, I am concerned about the lack of urgency the front office has shown. Maybe behind the scenes they are being aggressive, but typically the proof is in the pudding so to speak and we did not improve from last season. I get really frustrated with this idea of finding "diamonds in the rough"; take a flyer on one guy a year, that's it. O'Neale, good find, Neto, good find, but having Niang, Cavanaugh, Mitrou-Long, Bradley and Allen all taking up roster spots during the same year is a joke, especially when the front office claims to be "all in" as they try to improve and win championships. That's five guys who may or may not even be NBA players, let alone contributors.

The Utah sports scene stinks right now: BYU down, Jazz spinning their wheels, Utes mediocre; I guess there's always the Bees (Buzz), Real Salt Lake and Aggies

Last edited:
I won't ever stop supporting the Jazz, unless some crazy scandal happens or they relocate, however, I am concerned about the lack of urgency the front office has shown. Maybe behind the scenes they are being aggressive, but typically the proof is in the pudding so to speak and we did not improve from last season. I get really frustrated with this idea of finding "diamonds in the rough"; take a flyer on one guy a year, that's it. O'Neale, good find, Neto, good find, but having Niang, Cavanaugh, Mitrou-Long, Bradley and Allen all taking up roster spots during the same year is a joke, especially when the front office claims to be "all in" as they try to improve and win championships. That's five guys who may or may not even be NBA players, let alone contributors.

The Utah sports scene stinks right now: BYU down, Jazz spinning their wheels, Utes mediocre; I guess there's always the Bees (Buzz), Real Salt Lake and Aggies
Good post.

We should have seen this coming when our FO spent the first minutes of free agency at Favors' door offering him twice market value.

We didn't put Mitchell and the FO on a plane towards PG. We didn't even make a run at Bjelica, Randle, or somebody else to diversify our offense. Sure we got Korver, but that was kind of like a no brainer because we saved a bunch of money and sent out some 2nds we don't always use.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Who would have thought we would be pining for the days of Little Stock?

I think that there is plenty of urgency. We made several runs late in the game to try to get over the hump. And we have tended to make runs like that often all season long when we've been behind (not always, but often). We just haven't been very good this season. We've taken a step back while teams around us improved.

This summer is HUGE. DL MUST get Mitchell and Gobert more help. We need another player who can create off of the dribble to get his own offense and be able to consistently score 15-20 PPG (doesn't really matter if this player plays PG, SG, SF or PF. We have players with position versatility and can adjust depending on the position added). DL must either make a big trade for this player or sign this player in free agency.

We CAN'T stand pat again. This current team has a ceiling and I think last season was it.

Last edited:
I think that there is plenty of urgency. We made several runs late in the game to try to get over the hump. And we have tended to make runs like that often all season long when we've been behind (not always, but often). We just haven't been very good this season. We've taken a step back while teams around us improved.

This summer is HUGE. DL MUST get Mitchell and Gobert more help. We need another player who can create off of the dribble to get his own offense and be able to consistently score 15-20 PPG (doesn't really matter if this player plays PG, SG, SF or PF. We have players with position versatility and can adjust depending on the position added). DL must either make a big trade for this player or sign this player in free agency.

We CAN'T stand pat again. This current team has a ceiling and I think last season was it.
That ceiling happened with Rubio playing lights out. We failed to realize that and sat back and chilled during the off-season. While almost every single team in the west got better.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using JazzFanz mobile app