What's new

Jazz - Nuggets: Round 1

He is so good though that I just want to see if they can beat us with Millsap/Craig/Grant hitting shots. If Jokic is gonna give Rudy an efficient 29 I don't know that it gets much worse if Morgan is guarding him and getting help from Rudy. This is what we did with them last year with Favs on Jokic. I know Morgan ain't as good as Favs but he's strong and moves well... I'd try it for a few minutes... if anything it saves Rudy some potential fouls.
Well Jerami Grant has been a 39% 3pt shooter the past two seasons, so if the Jazz give him wide open looks they will almost certainly beat us.

Well Jerami Grant has been a 39% 3pt shooter the past two seasons, so if the Jazz give him wide open looks they will almost certainly beat us.
As a team they shot like 55% on three so 39% sounds wonderful.

I agree with the general statement of you stay with what you do and do it better... if they continue to torch us I would like to see a curveball... maybe its only a minute or two but maybe it disrupts the rhythm just enough.

He played like he didn’t want to be here. He was mostly nonexistent while on the floor

We did play him in small ball he was basically the backup center for portions of the season.

Didn’t you turn in your fan card or was that someone else?

This all day long.

OMG stop pretending to be a Gobert fan, you hate him. With all due respect both threw haymakers all game long. You act as though Rudy fell flat on his face. Rudy has manhandled him in the past. It just sucks that this year Rudy has to guard him and his teammates because our perimeter defense has gotten so bad.

Jokic has outplayed Rudy in their head to head matchups this year basically averages a triple double with 29 pts. He has to be better or the scheme needs to change.

OMG stop pretending to be a Gobert fan, you hate him. With all due respect both threw haymakers all game long. You act as though Rudy fell flat on his face. Rudy has manhandled him in the past. It just sucks that this year Rudy has to guard him and his teammates because our perimeter defense has gotten so bad.

I'm a fan of Gobert the person. I admire his rise to where he is and I'm happy he has done that as a Jazz player. I think he is a great player. I'm happy that he's proud to be part of this franchise.

On the other hand, we go as far as Mitchell takes us so I'm tired of hearing "what we have to do to build around Rudy". Gobert isn't a top playoff player because he doesn't have the skill set to dominate games against good teams. He doesn't even dominate guys in his position opposite of him. He sets screens and plays defense very well but he's extremely limited outside of that.

He is vastly overrated on this forum and by this fanbase. Every single game, people make excuses for Rudy while taking shots at every other player. It's ridiculous.

I think we need to mix things up with Murray. Royce should be the primary defender, I would give Oni a chance plus he gives us 6 fouls. I think Brantley should play instead of George Niang. Brantley gives us rebounding, passing and his defense has improved. Also he gives the Jazz more athleticism.

I just love how ruthless Quin is in playoff matchups. It puts a tear of happiness in my eye watching us targetting MPJ and Jokic time after time after time .... just relentless. There is no "lets give it a break a bit and try something else". It's just non-stop barrage and hammering it down until they take them off the floor... and then he finds the next matchup and destroys it too.

Nate Duncan mentioned something else the other day that went somewhat unnoticed too - you know how we have been matching Gobert's minutes with Jokic pretty much exclusively. Take a look at what Quin did in the 4th quarter here(with the Jazz leading by 8). With 8:30 to go both Mitchell and Gobert(and Jokic) are off the floor taking a break. And this time Quin doesn't wait for Malone to get Jokic back in the game, he goes for the kill and puts both Mitchell and Gobert in against Denver's scrubs. Now in the grand scheme of things it didn't matter because it forced Malone to get Jokic in on the next stoppage of play, but I loved the attitude here.