What's new

Jazz Officially Announce Bev, Beasley, Vanderbilt, Balmero & Kessler

LoPo

Ok then. I still wonder if we move Mitchell before the season starts. I imagine we will see some other moves before it is all said and done. As presently constituted we are a 35-40 win team in all likelihood, so late lottery, or after if we make the play-in. Not a great position to be in.

Ok then. I still wonder if we move Mitchell before the season starts. I imagine we will see some other moves before it is all said and done. As presently constituted we are a 35-40 win team in all likelihood, so late lottery, or after if we make the play-in. Not a great position to be in.

Just gotta win the lottery

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

He's triggered that something was posted that implied Rudy had value and was important to the teams success. Since his entire identity rides on elevating Mitchell and completely devaluing Rudy.
Lol. I'm done.

Yall keep doing the same thing y'all have done all summer telling everybody what we can and can't do based off what we had last year.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Lol. I'm done.

Yall keep doing the same thing y'all have done all summer telling everybody what we can and can't do based off what we had last year.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
This is the way life works. We extrapolate based on known information and added information to estimate outcomes. It happens in every facet of life. But especially in sports. Remove this guy and add these guys and it's a net negative/positive. Either way it's always a comparison to the previously known iteration. Again in every facet of life. Got a new job? It gets compared to the old job. New girlfriend/boyfriend? Same thing. It's the circle of jerk as someone said before. But it's just life. No different.

This is the way life works. We extrapolate based on known information and added information to estimate outcomes. It happens in every facet of life. But especially in sports. Remove this guy and add these guys and it's a net negative/positive. Either way it's always a comparison to the previously known iteration. Again in every facet of life. Got a new job? It gets compared to the old job. New girlfriend/boyfriend? Same thing. It's the circle of jerk as someone said before. But it's just life. No different.
And don't get me started on opportunity costs. That is probably the single biggest thing we humans are terrible at estimating and incorporating into our thought processes when it comes to decision-making. We almost always over- or under-value the opportunity costs.

-Balmaro is probably a keeper (likely has little trade value but if he develops a shot will be a terrific piece. He won’t help us win anything for a while as an added bonus).
-Kessler looks like he could be Gobert lite which has its benefits since maybe he won’t command a huge contract. Also not sure he has league-wide value. Keeper.

Beasley is a swing piece. Probably best to rehab his value then trade him, but maybe he’s a keeper if a great offer doesn’t come along. Doesn’t help you win unless you’re good, also.

Pat Bev should be moved.

I don’t know how I feel about Vanderbilt.

-Balmaro is probably a keeper (likely has little trade value but if he develops a shot will be a terrific piece. He won’t help us win anything for a while as an added bonus).
-Kessler looks like he could be Gobert lite which has its benefits since maybe he won’t command a huge contract. Also not sure he has league-wide value. Keeper.

Beasley is a swing piece. Probably best to rehab his value then trade him, but maybe he’s a keeper if a great offer doesn’t come along. Doesn’t help you win unless you’re good, also.

Pat Bev should be moved.

I don’t know how I feel about Vanderbilt.
Best thing about Vanderbilt is that I think he is, on paper at least, a decent fit next to Victor Wembanyama until you can find someone better.

Best thing about Vanderbilt is that I think he is, on paper at least, a decent fit next to Victor Wembanyama until you can find someone better.
Maybe. I think his best possible fit was next to KAT. Makes me think this is Danny going for a little sabotage to juice the pick.

I for one am totally stoked for the start of the season regardless what other moves we happen to make. As far as I’m concerned we’re gonna be competitive.

I hear talk of tank and a shot at a Victor Wembanyama here and in the thriving internet NBA speculation factory but that’s not our identity and it’s certainly not Danny Ainge’s either. In his 18 year tenure as a top executive with Boston they missed the playoffs three times - 2006, 2007 and 2014 and none were tank jobs. After their worst season in 2007 (24 - 58), Danny went out and traded for Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen. With those two additions (still had Pierce), they won the title in 2008. Miracles do happen, at least in Tinseltown.

And that other big trade in 2013 that netted three firsts and a swap from Brooklyn for Garnett, Pierce, Jason Terry and DJ White derailed the Boston Express for exactly one year (2014) before they were back in the playoffs in 2015. So if we’re down, it shouldn’t be for long.

When you look at it objectively, the haul we got for Rudy might be even better than the Brooklyn heist back in 2013. On top of the draft picks, we got some incredible rotation pieces. Just a few short years since Beverly was a big deal in LA and Jazzfanz was even buzzing about going after him. We all know how Beasley’s trajectory got sidetracked. Vanderbilt, Bolmaro and Kessler - what’s not to like.

I for one am totally stoked that we’re not apparently blowing things up. I love the idea of giving Mitchell another shot - particularly now that he knows he’s not pulling the strings. I love the fact that presently Bogey and Clarkson are still on board. @LoPo has a point that with a new coach and decent last minute add-ons who can really say what we’re capable of! Right now I’d say we need to get this Coboclo kid under contract pronto and if no more trades at least resign Bo Cruz, Forrest and Paschall. Not sure if we could find anything more cost effective for the "season after"!

Last edited:
I think it’s possible that KD’s announcement slowed our roll with Mitchell. He should be motivated in a variety of ways if he hopes to control his own destiny. Let’s see if he can be that unicorn again!