What's new

Jazz Officially Matched Hayward According to Woj

Well another blunder by DL. Jazz are such *******. Stick it to CHA and let it be known that if you try to sign our guys that's one thing, but if you make it as toxic as possible we will **** you every chance we get.

Reactions: MVP
If you work out the math with the rumored cap numbers for next year and going forward, this will hurt us in at least two ways. It will limit our financial flexibility and hurt our ability to go after some free agents we would have pursued otherwise. That said, we will still be able to extend, re-sign, pick up the team options on our own players during these four years, so from that sense, I support the move. This is not some old five or six year deal. It's four years and truth be told, it won't really affect us a ton til next summer when there are only three years left on it. But like I said, we will still be able to retain Burks, Kanter, Gobert, Burke, Exum and Hood when those times come. And quite frankly, in talking about our financial future, one thing I've seen nobody mention is the fact that we may not even want to re-sign Kanter next year. I like Burks a lot so I won't even go there. But Kanter, hell, if he continues with his I don't give a **** effort on defense, why the hell do we want to re-sign him anyway? I'm not saying that's a foregone conclusion. I'm simply saying it's a real possibility.

That said, we will be able to retain our guys and this is what's key to me. The Spurs developed from within and then, went out and got their role players to fill in the gaps via free agency. We should see who improves as a player, who's buying in to Quin, and the type of chemistry we're developing over the next few years, and then act accordingly.

And by the way, I'm not saying it's obviously the right move. It's just a move I agree with from that standpoint.

Well another blunder by DL. Jazz are such *******. Stick it to CHA and let it be known that if you try to sign our guys that's one thing, but if you make it as toxic as possible we will **** you every chance we get.

Mountains out of mole hills.

Terrible move by the Jazz. Lets just tell all the teams we will match anything so teams will offer max money. Why? Because we would rather pay max money for someone that had the worst season in his career. Jordan sticking it the Jazz still 16 years later. The bad thing is the Jazz is bending over for them and saying "I dare ya"

Reactions: MVP
Why so soon!!

Their deadline would have been about 13 hours from now.
But I guess they tried to rent their capspace after yesterday's happenings and couldn't get it done. And today they have to submit Dante's and Rodney's 120% contracts in order for them to suit up in summer league.

I guess that's connected. They simply couldn't get something bigger done with maximum capspace.

I think it certain that one of kanter or burks will not be here next year.

I could very well see that especially if Exum and Rudy have impressive seasons. I think Rudy might actually have a breakout year. I'm really excited to see how he does in Summer League play.

Terrible move by the Jazz. Lets just tell all the teams we will match anything so teams will offer max money. Why? Because we would rather pay max money for someone that had the worst season in his career. Jordan sticking it the Jazz still 16 years later. The bad thing is the Jazz is bending over for them and saying "I dare ya"

So why is none offering max for Lance Stephenson since they matched Portland's max sheet for Hibbert?

Their deadline would have been about 13 hours from now.
But I guess they tried to rent their capspace after yesterday's happenings and couldn't get it done. And today they have to submit Dante's and Rodney's 120% contracts in order for them to suit up in summer league.

I guess that's connected. They simply couldn't get something bigger done with maximum capspace.

Players can play in summer league without a contract - they'd just get insurance first. Wiggins remains unsigned, but played last night.

Obviously the Jazz don't plan on using that cap space anymore for salary dumps. I have enough trust in Lindsey et al. to trust that they done their due diligence in regards to potential use of the cap space. Nor do I really think it's a huge benefit to Charlotte by matching a day early. It's Charlotte. Who are they going to sign today that they couldn't sign tomorrow?