What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

Quite honestly it seems like every scenario is possible. There's so many damn rumors floating around.

Do we have to attach the 30 pick with Favors to get someone to take him? Are there any teams that would just give us a 2nd round pick for him?

Do we have to attach the 30 pick with Favors to get someone to take him? Are there any teams that would just give us a 2nd round pick for him?
No... if someone would actually give us a second we'd have done that yesterday.

You might be able to get an equivalent salary... DJJ is a guy I've thrown out... Delon Wright too... the problem with trading him into space is there are very few teams with space... so your pool is limited.

Its why it makes sense for us to trade Bojan to get the money savings then trade Favs for players with returning salary. Or hold him until he recovers his value or teams miss out on their primary targets and are willing to use space on him. A team like Charlotte may be willing to take him into space without too much draft capital... if they miss out on Richaun Holmes. Right now they may want to see what's out there.

No... if someone would actually give us a second we'd have done that yesterday.

That's what I was afraid of. If the Jazz are really as serious about cutting salary as the the reports say they are then it's hard for me to believe they do anything with the 30 pick but dump Favors. It's just almost impossible to imagine that Favors is still on roster next season.

Replacing good, unathletic players with bad, athletic players will not make the Jazz a better team. Kuzma is trash.
If they have to move a wing for cap savings, I hope it's Bojan. Joe costs less and was better by advanced stats in both the regular season and playoffs.

Basically what I am hoping for is a giant white elephant gift exchange breaks out on draft night and somehow we trade the cheap dollar store mug and hot chocolate in for some starbucks gift cards and a box of chocolates. Just madness going on and somehow we come out with stuff no one would have guessed.

Basically what I am hoping for is a giant white elephant gift exchange breaks out on draft night and somehow we trade the cheap dollar store mug and hot chocolate in for some starbucks gift cards and a box of chocolates. Just madness going on and somehow we come out with stuff no one would have guessed.
Like everyone is staring at each other going... how the **** did the Jazz land Moses Moody? What happened here.

Gonna be fun when the #30 gets shipped out :).
I hope they draft someone I really like and then its reportedly shipped out later... I want it to be exciting and fun for a few minutes before reality sets in.

Just wanna say that draft prognostication is a crapshoot. 2011 was supposed to be a garbage year and it produced:
-Kawhi
-Klay
-Butler (at 30...)
-Kyrie
-Kemba
-Tobias
-Bojan (at 31...)
-Marcus Morris
-Valanciunas
-Bertans
-Isaiah Thomas (cooked now but near-MVP level for a season)
-Chandler Parsons (quite good for a while)
-Mirotic

Last edited:
Just wanna say that draft prognostication is a crapshoot. 2011 was supposed to be a garbage year and it produced:
-Kawhi
-Klay
-Butler (at 30...)
-Kyrie
-Kemba
-Tobias
-Bojan (at 31...)
-Marcus Morris
-Valanciunas
-Bertans
-Isaiah Thomas
We have as good a shot to land someone good as we do next year… and we get them in the pipeline this year. If we just defer the pick I’d be pretty upset tbh.

-Kawhi
-Klay
-Butler (at 30...)
-Kyrie
-Kemba
-Tobias
-Bojan (at 31...)
-Marcus Morris
-Valanciunas
-Bertans
-Isaiah Thomas
Conversely, 2014 was supposed to be this great draft, among the likes of '84, '96, or '03. But it didn't turn out that way.

Last edited:
Conversely, 2014 was supposed to be this great draft, among the likes of '84. '96, '08 of great drafts. But it didn't turn out that way.
When experts talk about good and bad drafts its almost always talking about the top of the draft. If we traded for a future first it wouldn't go that high... it would be protected.

The draft is stressful. Makes me grateful that my favorite team does their work early: Dok, Huge, and Matty Ice.... your darft class of 2021. Essentially. Muah.