What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

The only thing that concerns me significantly is that FT%. That's really terrible.

I think he is primarily operating as a 3 so I don't know how apt these comparisons to Saric or Zingis are. More Ingles-esque in my mind.

Saric seemed to play a lot more on the perimeter in Europe from what I recall.

If we pull that trade off AND trade Favors for nothing?
Absolutely. Remember, next season is when Mitchell gets his raise from paid intern to max player and Gobert gets his raise from handsomely paid starting center to near-supermax. And they'd be taking back money on Kuzma.

Absolutely. Remember, next season is when Mitchell gets his raise from paid intern to max player and Gobert gets his raise from handsomely paid starting center to near-supermax. And they'd be taking back money on Kuzma.
The financial difference between Kuzma and Bojan would be a factor. If we did the trade during the draft, it gives us a little more flexibility depending on what Conley does. If we have to sign and trade him, we could consider other sign and trade options coming back since we would be a little further under the apron.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

**** it. I’m buying Mitchell being able to lead Kuzma to maximize his talent.

Kuzma, #22, and the Iowa State kid for Conley. We’d free up around ~20M that way.

Then do everything you can to trade Favors. We’d then be free of ~35M and have a decent amount to spend on a FA pg and another player.

Dude these deals would land us in the luxury tax still by almost 4M. We would have the tax payer MLE.

I'm coming around to the Kuzma idea. Being on a team with LeBron mixed with being in LA everyone is expected to be an all-star level player. A change of scenery might be exactly what he needs. Swapping out Bojan for Kuzma lowers your floor but potentially raises the ceiling for the future if he figures it out like other players who have left the bright lights of LA (see Jordan Clarkson). You would save $5.5m this upcoming season and $6.3m the following and pocketing some draft picks in the process would not be the worst of things. It definitely would be a high risk high reward type of deal.

The more the Kuzma idea is explored, the more I like it. He’s been straight up stifled since Lebron’s arrival in LA.

It just makes too much sense. He’s an actual realistic trade target for the Jazz, Donovan loves him, Kuz loves Donovan and Utah, he makes less money than Bogey, better size, can rebound and defend better, and I really think if Quin got his hands on him, he could be just as effective in this offense as Bogey.

This is one of those around the edges move that turns into a really big deal for the Jazz.