What's new

Jazz @ Oklahoma City | Sunday October 31st @ 5pm

When he went up for the shot, he was in two point territory. It was a two point shot. You implied the refs made an incorrect call.
Evidently I reported it wrong, but my intention was not to imply that they made the incorrect call. Not really a big deal since I got the outcome right?

What made the Jazz successful in the old days was that Malone could actually make plays. Other teams would have to worry about his passing. Millsap seems to actually have a good passing game too. He looks to pass even in the paint.

I like the idea of Millsap being the pick and roll guy and having Jefferson always be in the game when Deron is out. I actually did not watch the game though. Does anyone know if Jefferson was in the game when Deron was not?

Jefferson is a for sure a better secondary scorer because he is not used to being a playmaker. Jefferson can play close to the basket.

At least for part of the game. Big Al only missed 7 minutes.

LOL @ ESPN AP headlines. The HEAT beat a pathetic Nets team by 23 and it's a "rout." Whereas our headline is a ho-hum 'get first victory of season.' What garbage.

And our win was on the road against ESPN's favorite team to at least challenge the Lakers, and oh, we beat them by 21.
The best part of the game was how despite being up by 20+ in the 3rd, we didn't relax like we typically have done in the past and fail to score for a long stretch.
Then when OKC went to a full-court pressure, despite AK's lame attempts to dribble thru traffic & his turnovers, we still stayed focused and managed to add to our score.
We showed a lot of maturity in this game, something the youngsters from OKC are still in need of...

Holy crap! I didn't get to watch the game today, but I just pulled up the score and about pooped my pants. Amazing win! Nice work Sap, Al, DWill, AK, & CJ.

That's Jazz basketball. The O looked great, but I was especially impressed with the D. AK was great on Durant, but they must have taken 50 jumpshots, nearly all contested. Love to see that.

As awesome as Sap was tonight, the thing I'm digging is his jumpshot. It looks so easy coming out of his hand from out to 18 feet. If he keeps shooting like that he's going to have to be defended outside the box which makes our offense work even better. Even loved the handle he showed on a few possessions.

As awesome as Sap was tonight, the thing I'm digging is his jumpshot. It looks so easy coming out of his hand from out to 18 feet. If he keeps shooting like that he's going to have to be defended outside the box which makes our offense work even better. Even loved the handle he showed on a few possessions.

Agreed, his jumper is clearly better than last season. Silky smooth.

And our win was on the road against ESPN's favorite team to at least challenge the Lakers, and oh, we beat them by 21.
The best part of the game was how despite being up by 20+ in the 3rd, we didn't relax like we typically have done in the past and fail to score for a long stretch.
Then when OKC went to a full-court pressure, despite AK's lame attempts to dribble thru traffic & his turnovers, we still stayed focused and managed to add to our score.
We showed a lot of maturity in this game, something the youngsters from OKC are still in need of...

Great observation! How many times have we seen the Jazz crumble and piss away big leads. OKC put on some intense full court pressure for a good amount of the second half and the Jazz battled and kept the lead. We would've lost this game last season, or it would've been much closer when OKC grabbed the momentum.

Great, great win tonight.

Agreed, his jumper is clearly better than last season. Silky smooth.

Millsap's jumper's always looked that good. Waaaaaaaaayyyy better than that I-don't-know-what-the-hell-to-call-that-crap jumper of Boozers'.

Thank goodness Sloan was forced to finally play the better player. Been saying for YEARS that Millsap is far and away the better player.

Ak has had some really good games against Durant and some not so great ones. I think if AK holds him to 40% and less shooting Jazz will win. I think Miles due for a breakout game and Jefferson will have a big game.

Told you VinylOne knew CJ was ready for a breakout. Go CJ!

Was nice to watch the game live on international league broadband - what a luxury! gotta luv technology.

Millsap had a monster game - in addition to his offence - was the best rebounder and defender by far - must say AK was impressive on durant - wish he could do the same on bryant!!!

I hope millsap can play consistently like that - he was really impressive - as other have said - the jumpshot looked super smooth. Until AJ settles right in - we should make millsap the primary offensive threat and let AJ gradually take a bigger role.

What we also learnt was that CJ is super important to our team - having that offensive injenction is massively important - he needs to do that consistently or we will struggle.

Overall - geez the game of basketball is easy when you hit your outside shots!!!

Good signs: we won every quarter, Millsap and D-Will both with a big double-double (and 4 assists/rebounds shy of a triple-double respectively, 32 assists on 44 baskets, 7-11 from downtown and 25-30 on free throws (AJ was 11-12).

Bad signs: Miles got 21 points off bench, Hayward added 4... and that's it. A lot of guys hit the court for short periods, which makes it hard to have an impact, but still, the box-score is full of goose eggs for the bench. We are going to need bigger contributions from everyone in the second unit, we can't rely on one guy providing the spark.