What's new

jazz pick up CJ's option

You cant convince the homers here of holes in CJ's game. They will always twist the stats or come up with ways to explain how Brewer and Miles would have been great if the Jazz only gave them time and space to develop, after 7 years in the league. Have been there before, done that.

The one good undeniable thing about CJ though is that he is not making a whole lot. And a contract year is coming up. Reason enough for the Jazz to pick up his option and give him another shot.

Speaking of rookies, Wesley Matthews showed me more in his one season with the jazz than CJ has showed me his entire career

Matthews isn't a great rebounder or playmaker for others (which is why his PER isn't better), but holy crap is he a well-rounded scorer AND he plays defense. It's ****ing painful to think that the Jazz effectively gave up Matthews, Koufos, and two draft picks for a giant, expensive turd (who I believe tested Deron's patience more than anything in his time in Utah besides being benched behind Keith Mcleod), and a washed-up turd that only came here for money (Bell). At least the Hayward pick, Evans, Watson, and Elson were good moves.